Chapter Fifteen

Zach's POV:

Gray and I watched as Owen swung for the guy.

We observed the argument unfolding before us; when Callie stumbled off I lost interest

We observed the argument unfolding before us; when Callie stumbled off I lost interest. I had noticed she was mad when she climbed over me to get out of the jeep. As to why, I didn't know the answer, but I wanted to.

"Is that..." Before I could finish my question, Callie gave me the answer as she threw herself into the arms of a beaten man.

I smiled to myself, her dad was safe and so was she.

"Come on Gray, lets get out." I suggested to him, but he seemed wary, "it's safe here, we won't get hurt." He nodded after a few seconds of contemplation and so we both clambered out.

"Wow..." I heard Gray mumble as his eyes were drawn to a set of dinosaurs in a cage. Looking back at me, I nodded and went over to them.

Callie's POV:

"Dad, I'm so sorry. When this whole thing went down... I couldn't bear the thought of our last conversation being that argument. I'm so so sorry." I exclaimed as I was clutched close to his chest.

"You're safe, that's all that matters now." He pulled away and I finally took in how his face and fists were painted with bruises.

Recognising my confusion, he joked, "I had a few run-ins with some dinosaurs and some douchebags. You know, the usual." He glared over my shoulder at Hoskins. "What's he been saying?"

"Not a word to me, just something about this mission with the raptors."

"Right, well stay away from him okay?" Concern riddled his voice; I knew he wasn't asking me, he was telling me to.

I nodded in agreement- there was no way I was going anywhere near him now I had my dad around. I could care less about what he had to say.

"What happened to you then?" He stared at my foot.

"I had a few run-ins with some dinosaurs and some douchebags. You know...the usual." I mocked him and neither of us could help but laugh.

"Is there a particular 'douche' I should be meeting?" He grinned and gestured to Zach who was leaning against the fence with his brother, but looking up at me.

Laughing, I walked my dad over to them, "as long as you promise not to bite!"

Zach's POV:

Callie and her dad were let into the cage and they started talking quietly by the dinosuars, petting each one. Owen came through a door and the two men embraced in a manly hug.

"Thanks Owen, I owe you another one." I heard Steven say.

Owen went over to a particular raptor and started petting it.