Chapter Five

This chapter is dedicated to Aerialblues!

Callie's POV:

The line in the Jurassic Fork was queued out of the door, so the three of us decided to eat in the main cafeteria of the island- dinosaur diner.

Gray was rambling on about something or other to his older brother who was paying no attention whatsoever.

My phone started to ring as Zach and Gray went to order food.

"Hey dad!" I called cheerily down the phone.

"Where are you?" He asked bluntly, clearly not paying any attention to me.

"Nice to speak to you too!" I sarcastically retorted.

"Dammit Callie where are you?"

"Woah, calm down dad! I'm in the main cafeteria at the centre of the park." Loud shouting was in the background on the other end of the line. "What's going on?" I asked, curiosity flowing through me.

"Nothing."

"Dad!" I snapped.

"I'm coming to get you."

"What?! No!" Anger and surprise filling my voice.

The call ended before I could say another word.

A surge of worry rushed through me as I joined the line for food that Zach and Gray had now finished.

I had tears threatening to fall out of my eyes as I replayed in my head, the many times my dad had sent me home because of a non-existing problem with the park.

I grabbed a tray from the pile and unhappily dragged it across the counter.

"Arguing with daddy?" A familiar voice whined.
"Shut up Stacey!" I snapped, while placing a sandwich and drink onto my tray.

The worker knew who I was so I didn't need to pay for the food. I snatched my tray from the surface and the click of Stacey's heels followed me as I joined the two brothers.

"That's stupid!" Gray exclaimed.
"What are we talking about?" I asked enthusiastically trying to take my mind off the phone call.
"Zach says he's not scared of anything!"
"Psh. That's rubbish!" I snorted.
"Well, what are you scared of?" Zach asked while eating a bag of chips. Clearly in a better mood than when I first met him.

I unscrewed my drink, "you're going to think I'm stupid!"
"I won't." Zach said while smirking.
"Okay," I sighed, "Edges." I put bluntly.
Zach and Gray shared a glance, neither of them saying a word.
"Go on..." Zach said.
"Okay... Well, I can't go anywhere near cliffs or.. Blunt drops. I'm fine with heights but edges are a no go!"
"You were fine on the boat and on the monorail?" Gray questioned.
"Yeah but thats because I'm used to those edges, I'm around them quite a bit."

"Okay, now that's lame! I was fine until that! That doesn't even make sense!" Zach burst into laughter.

"Well I'm sorry I'm not some kind of Mila Kunis!" I mumbled sarcastically.

There was a harsh tapping on my shoulder.

"You don't have to be.." I heard him mumble before his eyes trailed to something behind me.

I turned around to see Stacey glaring down at me, a menacing glare plastered on her face.

"What do you want?" I asked.