Prologue

It was a hot night in the middle of June. Dylan sat on the couch in his living room trying to process the events that had transpired over the last few years.

Ally was enchanting in the beginning, pulling him out from his comfort zone. Distracting him from the reality of life.

Maybe it was the feeling he got in the pit of his stomach when she was around. You know that one you get when you're playing with fire? That adrenaline rush when you're doing things you're not supposed to do. 

         Everything about her screamed danger. She was a wild one. Living in the moment, always carefree and fearless. 

His memory led him to that day at a friends birthday party, they had decided to have a cookout to celebrate. He had already had a few drinks and was starting to feel the effects of them.

Ally had been waiting for him to exit the bathroom. As he opened the door she stood there, blocking his way. 

"What are you do-"

 'Shhh" She hushed him, grabbing the sides of his face with her hands and sticking her tongue in his mouth as she pushed him back into the bathroom.

 Dylan pushed back. "We really should get back to the party." He told her.

 "Relax, this will only take a minute. "She said, closing the door behind her and dropping to her knees as she unzipped his pants.

 He closed his eyes and leaned back against the counter, gasping as she sucked him hungrily.

Dylan let out a low groan, griping the counter as he exploded with everyone just on the other side of the wall. 

    That feeling of being caught at any moment was, well, its what made the whole relationship seem exhilarating.

But it didn't last long and as soon as the newness wore off, Ally revealed her true colors.

   She had a jealous side to her. An obsessive nature. She didn't like it when his friends came over or when he tried to spend time with his family.

He couldn't go anywhere or do anything by himself. And if he did she would show up and cause a scene making him and everyone else uncomfortable.

It was to the point where his friends didn't want to come around if she was there. And they often expressed their concern for him.

  One time he had to work on her birthday so she showed up at the station during a fire safety training and started doing a strip tease on the fire pole. It caused a huge fight and Dylan had to leave and take her home, half naked.

That was the last straw. He had had absolutely all that he could take. He loved volunteering at the local fire station when he wasn't training with his SEALS team. And that incident could have easily cost him a lot. 

Luckily for him, his best friend Chad was the fire chief and was all too familiar with their tumultuous relationship. He was able to convince the mayor not to press charges.  

     Just then his phone rang, ripping him from his thoughts. He frowned at the unknown number that flash across the screen.

"Hello?" He answered.

 "Why won't you answer my calls?"

Dylan sighed as the familiar voice came through the phone.

 "I told you to stop calling me!" He snapped.

 Can't we talk about this?" She begged.

 "No it's over! Get it through your head!"

 "I don't believe you!" Ally cried.

 "That's not my problem." He growled into the phone.

 "I just want to be with you, but everyone keeps getting in the way of us."

 "There is no more us!" he snapped.

 "I know you don't mean that. I can hear it in your voice." She continued.

"I mean it this time, Ally." He snapped.

"Remember when we made love for the first time?" Ally recalled seductively.

"No!"

"Remember how it felt when you were deep inside of me-"

 "ENOUGH!" Dylan interrupted angrily.

 "You said you couldn't get enough of me. She continued.

"I lied! I was drunk in that moment and I would have probably said anything to get in your pants at that point. That's over now! Stop calling me!"

 "Don't hang up on me Dylan!" Ally screamed.

 "Leave me alone!" He said, as he hung up the phone.

  Almost immediately it rang again.

 "What the fuck!" he said to himself, making sure to decline it this time.

 He sighed and rested his head into his hands. "How could I have been so stupid?" He mumbled.

Dylan rested his head in his hands thinking back to the night he had met Ally.

3 years ago....

Dylan sat at the bar feeling miserable. He had been throwing back drinks like there was no tomorrow.

"Hey there handsome."

He looked up to see a blonde woman beside him. She was wearing a red knee length dress that hugged her body just right.

"Hey." He said.

"You look like you could use some company." She smiled.

"I'd really just like to be alone right now."

"Oh come on, everyone could use a friend?" She said.

"I have friends."

"And yet, here you are drinking alone." She said, taking the seat beside him.

"I'm Ally." She said, holding her hand out to him.

"Dylan." He said shaking her hand.

"Well Dylan, I've always loved a man in uniform." She said, noticing his attire.

"Is that right?" He said.

"Tell me, are you in the Army?"

"Something like that." He replied.

"That's so hot!" She smiled, placing her hand on his leg.

Dylan ended up bringing her home that night with every intention of it being a one and done deal. But Ally refused to go away. It took a little while but she stayed consistent, showing up at places he would be and ending up going home with him for the night. And he didn't mind having some one to fool around with every once in a while. After a while he had gotten used to her hanging around and that's when their relationship really started.