Dinner

Hannah walked into the bedroom, her stomach was in knots as she thought about her date with Dylan.

"Breathe Hannah." She told herself as skimmed through her closet picking out a little black dress she had bought a few weeks ago.

She slipped it on and stood in front of the mirror. The dress had spaghetti straps that sat perfectly on her shoulders. She had loved the dress in the store but hadn't had a reason to wear it until now.

Just then the doorbell rang.

"Dylan, you're early." She said surprised as she opened the door.

"I know, but I couldn't wait to see you." He smiled and handed her the bouquet of roses he was holding in his hand.

"Thank you. They're beautiful. Come on in, I'll just be a few more minutes."

"Take all the time you need." He said.

She smiled and put the roses in a vase on the counter before quickly headed back to her room.

She fumbled with the zipper in the back of her dress for a few seconds before realizing it was stuck.

"Uh oh." She thought.

"Dylan?"

"Yeah?" He appeared in the doorway a few seconds later.

Hannah stuck her head out of her closet."My zipper is stuck." She said slightly embarrassed.

"Need help?" He asked.

"Please." she nodded.

He stepped inside the closet and she turned her back toward him so he could see the stuck zipper. He glanced at her in the mirror trying not to be too obvious as his eyes scanned her body. She blushed as his hand gently slid across her back and he took a step closer, leaning in to say something.

"You're right, it's stuck." He said, fumbling with the zipper.

She swallowed hard as the heat from his breath danced on the back of her neck. Chills ran down her arm. She watched him in the mirror as he worked gently to get the zipper loose. After a minute or two it gave way and he pulled the zipper up.

"There, good as new?" he said.

"Thank you." Hannah smiled, turning to face him. "What do you think?" she asked.

"You're perfect, Hanny." He said, not breaking eye contact.

Her belly did a flip. She laughed nervously.

"You didn't even look at the dress."

Dylan smiled, and took a step back looking her up and down. The dress fit perfectly against her curves.

He put his hands around her waist pulling her towards him.

"Like I said, you're perfect." He whispered.

"Thanks." She said, trying to hide her flushed cheeks. He smiled and pretended not to notice.

"I'll let you finish getting ready."
He said, kissing her forehead before heading back to the living room.

Hannah grabbed her brush from the vanity and brushed through her hair, powered her nose and grabbed some flats from the shelf. Stepping out into the living room she found Dylan looking at a picture from when they were kids. They were sitting on a boat dock beside each other smiling at the camera.

"That ones my favorite." She said, walking up behind him.

"Mine too." He said smiling.

He turned and looked at her, his blue eyes sparkled and he smiled his dimple smile that always made her knees wobbly.