Witness Protection

Dylan stayed another week in the hospital doing physical therapy and monitoring his blood pressure.

Audrey and James visited a lot and brought things for them.

Chad stopped by a few times during the week and brought Sailor, the girl from the ragball tournament.

Everyone was thrilled to hear of the baby on the way. They hugged and congratulated them.

"Our babies are gonna be the best of friends just like we are. I can't wait to watch them grow up together." Audrey squealed.

"Me either." Hannah exclaimed

The day before Dylan was released James came with Gary for a visit. Gary sat down in a chair and James stood beside him.

"I have some not so good news." He began.

"Is Audrey ok?" Hannah asked.

"Audrey is fine."

"The baby?"

"The baby is doing great. It's actually about...Ally." James said.

"What about her?" Dylan said annoyed.

James looked at his dad.

"Well, she escaped from the hospital yesterday evening and we haven't been able to locate her yet." James began.

Hannah gasped and put her hand over her mouth.

"You're messing with me dude." Dylan said.

"I wish I was bud. We  had to come let you know as soon as we could."

"He's being released tomorrow, how can we be sure she's not gonna show up again?" Hannah asked nervously.

"Best I can do right now is put you both in witness protection." Gary said.

"No!" Hannah protested.

"Maybe we should consider it love." Dylan said. "At least we won't have to worry."

"Once we find her, we are gonna need you guys to testify against her in court." Gary said.

"But how long will that take, we have to start planning for a baby. We can't just disappear on our family and friends." Hannah argued.

"It would be hard, but as long as we know you guys are safe, that's all that matters." James said.

Hannah sighed.

"Can we have a few minutes to talk about it?" Dylan asked, looking back and forth between  James and Gary.

"Sure, we'll go get a coffee. Be back in twenty minutes." He said.

"Thanks." Dylan replied. Hannah and Dylan sat in silence for the next few minutes. Finally Dylan spoke.

"If you really don't want to do it, then we won't. But we have more than just ourselves to worry about now love.

I don't want to risk losing either of you if she comes back. I couldn't live through that." Dylan said, his voice strained.

"I know, you're right. I just wish there was another way." Hannah whispered.

"I know love. If there was, I'm sure Gary would have found it." Dylan said, taking her in his arms.

"We can pretend it's that extended honeymoon we didn't get to have." Dylan said, trying to sound optimistic.

"Uh oh." Hannah said.

"What is it?" Dylan asked.

Hannah shook her head as she ran to the bathroom to puke.