Confessions

Dylan helped Hannah to the truck. As he pulled out onto the highway he could tell that she had something on her mind.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

She bit her lip. "I, did I do something wrong? She sighed.

"What, no!" He said. "Why would you say that?"

"Well, that summer...the kiss...I, I thought maybe..." Her voice trailed off.

"You didn't do anything wrong Hanny. I'm the one who messed up."

Hannah looked at him for a second.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I just mean that I wish things could have been different." He said clenching his jaw as he turned on to her street.

Dylan put the truck in park and hurried to help Hannah out. As she stood up she lost her footing and tripped. He wrapped an arm around her waist to steady her.

"Woah I've got you." He said steading her as she put an arm around his neck.

"Don't let me go Dylan." Hannah said, leaning into him.

"Never." He assured her, as he led her into the house and down the hall to her bedroom.

Hannah's head spun from all the whiskey. She turned to face Dylan, grabbing his shirt in her fists and planting a kiss on his lips. Her heart pounded rapidly in her chest and her knees felt wobbly as she quickly backed him against the wall fumbling with the buttons on his shirt.

"Make love to me." She moaned, pulling him closer as she explored his mouth. Dylan slid his hands around her wrists and gently pulled back, leaving them both breathless.

"Hannah." He whispered in a strained voice.

"What's the matter, don't you want me?" She said sadly.

"You're drunk. Hannah." Dylan replied.

"Am I not good enough for you Dylan." She snapped.

"Hannah, come on, not like this."

"Then how, Dylan?" She snapped again. "Please tell me. How do you want me? I've tried for the last ten years to figure out how to get you to want me like you wanted Ally."

"Hannah, I-"

"Uh oh" she interrupted, running to the bathroom. Dylan followed her as she flung herself over the toilet and puked her guts out. He kneeled down beside her and held her hair out of her face.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me." She cried, leaning back from the toilet and sinking into the floor.

Dylan grabbed a rag from the counter and gently wiped her face.

"Don't be sorry." He said tucking a strand of hair back.

"I love you." Hannah blurted out.

Dylan froze for a second not believing what he had just heard.

"Hanny you don't know what your saying." Dylan whispered.

"I've loved you my whole life. And it's ok if you don't love me back. I just, I couldn't hold it in anymore." She continued.

"You think I don't love you back?"

"Why would you? Look at me, I'm a mess." She whispered.

Dylan curled a finger under her chin, lifting her face up to meet his.

"You have no idea how damn much I love you Hannah." He said.

Hannah threw her arms around him and closed her eyes, kissing him as a tear rolled down her cheek.