Episode 1: Pokémon, I Choose You!

🎵Pokémon: Indigo League - Theme Song🎵

The episode begins and we see what looks like the beginning of the original Pokémon video games, but it soon transitions into animation as we see a Nidorino and a Gengar battle in a stadium full of screaming fans.

Announcer: And Nidorino begins the battle with a Horn Attack!

Gengar jumps on Nidorino, then jumps and lands behind it.

Announcer: Oh, but Gengar bounces right back!

Gengar uses Hypnosis and puts Nidorino to sleep.

Announcer: And there it is! The Hypnosis power of Gengar! This could be the end of Nidorino.

Nidorino returns to its Pokéball by a Trainer(whose figure looks like Bruno of the Elite Four).

Announcer: Wait, the trainer recalls Nidorino! Which Pokémon will he use now?

The trainer pulls out and throws a green Pokéball. Gengar jumps back as the Pokéball lands on the stadium and an Onix comes out.

Announcer: Oh! It's Onix! And now this giant Pokémon's on the attack!

Onix charges but Gengar jumps back as it dodges Onix's attack.

Announcer: Oh, but Gengar jumps aside. Gengar is moving beautifully today, it's training is top notch. No doubt about it!

While the battle is on tv, we see a girl (who has blonde yellow hair, wearing an orange dress, white socks, and red gloves) watching it in her bedroom.

Ashley: Yes. I am Ashley.

Narrator: Ashley Ketchum is a girl from Pallet Town.

Ashley: And now that I'm ten, I can finally get my Pokémon license.

We see a poster of Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle on Ashley's bedroom wall.

Narrator: Ten-year-olds can receive a beginning Pokémon from Professor Oak, the town's Pokémon expert.

Ashley picks up her alarm clock that looks like a Voltorb .

Ashley: I will journey to gain the wisdom of Pokémon training. And I hereby declare to the Pokémon of the world. I will be a Pokémon master. Pokémon master!

Ashley poses while holding up her alarm clock.

Ashley: That is what I'll --

Delia: Ashley, get to bed!

Ashley throws her alarm clock and her mother, Delia catches it. The clock opens with a little Pidgey coming out while showing it's 11 o'clock.

Delia: It's 11 o'clock and you should be asleep.

Ashley: But tomorrow I begin my Pokémon journey. I can't sleep.

Delia: Well if you can't sleep, you should at least get ready for tomorrow. Here, watch this.

Delia changes the channel on the tv to a program featuring Professor Oak.

Prof. Oak: Good evening, Pallet. Tomorrow's the big day for the newest class of Pokémon students. I'd like to introduce you to Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Each one is available for new trainers. Which one shall you choose?

Delia: Go to bed when this is done.

Ashley: Alright, I'm going.

Delia: And change into your pajamas, OK?