Episode 9: The School of Hard Knocks

🎵Pokémon: Indigo League - Theme Song🎵

The episode starts as we see our heroes walking through fog.

Narrator: As our story continues, we once again find our heroes traveling together on their Pokémon journey in perfect harmony.

Misty: I'm not letting you out of my sight Ashley Ketchum until you pay for my broken bike!

Ashley: "My bike. My bike." That's all I ever hear from you!

Misty: Right. And my name may be Misty, but I'm perfectly clear about what you owe me and you're not gonna get away without paying!

Brock: Maybe if you two would spend less time arguing and paid more attention to where we're going, we'd already be in Vermilion City by now. Now, come on! We're already late. We've gotta start the show!

Jigglypuff: Puff.

Brock starts pulling stuff out of his backpack.

Brock: I think we all need a little break. Why don't I just throw a little something together? Ah! There's nothing as satisfying as a cup of 100 percent Cerulean coffee. You kids are too young for this stuff, but it's really quite good.

Brock takes out some prune juice.

Brock: How about some prune juice?

Ashley: I think I'll pass.

Misty: How about some herbal tea?

Ashley: You two MUST be kidding.

Brock: Not so fast, Ashley. I brought my official Pokémon tea set! Now, of course, the key to good tea and coffee is good water. And I just happen to have a generous supply of sparkling, delicious Mount Moon Pure Spring Water!

Brock pulls out the bottle of water from his backpack.

Brock: And for ze special snack, I have for you some French Crepes.

Misty gasps.

Misty: I love French things! They're so romantic, aren't they?

Misty fantasizes herself at a café table in Paris, but Ashley interrupts it and Misty gets angry.

Misty: All that crunching is ruining my romantic daydream!

Brock: By the way, I can't cook crepes and I can't boil water if I don't have a fire! One of you is gonna have to go into the forest and bring back some firewood.

Misty: That's an excellent idea, Brock! And I'm willing to sacrifice the excitement of searching for firewood to stay here and keep you company!

Brock: Well I guess that means.

Ashley: Yeah, I'm going!

Soon, Ashley heads into the forest to search for firewood.

Ashley: Here, firewood! Here, firewood! No firewood here. Why do I have to do all the dirt...

Before Ashley can complete his sentence, Jigglypuff spots something up ahead.

Jigglypuff: Jiggly Jig! Jigglypuff!

Ashley sees a strange light in front of her.

Ashley: Hey! Looks like a fire!

Over to where the light is through the fog, there's a boy running on a treadmill, being quizzed on Pokémon by some other boys.

???: Alright, what's the name of this one?

The boy holds up a card with a Pokémon on it.

???: Is it a Zubat?