Episode 21: Abra and the Psychic Showdown

🎵Pokémon: Indigo League - Theme Song🎵

Episode opens with a woman sitting in a chair holding a doll and watching our heroes.

???: So, now. Time for us to play.

Narrator: Ashley and her friends continue their journey. As they pass through a dark and mysterious forest, it seems that danger lurks behind every shadow. And once again, they've lost their way.

Ashley: So THIS is the way to Saffron City, huh, Misty? I knew we shouldn't have listened to you, now we'll never get out of here!

Misty: As if! Your sense of direction is so bad, you can't find yourself in a mirror!

Ashley: You crack mirrors!

Jigglypuff: Jiggly!

Misty: Why you!

Jigglypuff: Jiggly!

Brock: That's enough, girls! You two don't want to stand here and insult each other like this.

Ashley and Misty: Yes, we do!

As Jigglypuff tries to stop the arguing, our heroes soon hear and see a little girl giggling and bouncing a ball.

Ashley: Uh, hello! Do you live around here?

The little girl takes her ball and runs into the forest.

Ashley: Hey! Please, don't run away!

Ashley starts chasing the girl into the forest with our friends following her.

Ashley: Wait! We need directions! Wait up...

Ashley keeps running until she spots a cliff and falls off it.

Ashley: Bulbasaur!

Ashley releases Bulbasaur from its Pokéball and Bulbasaur uses Vine Whip to catch Ashley.

Ashley: Phew!

Brock: Ashley, are you okay?!?

Ashley: Yeah!

Bulbasaur pulls Ashley up to the cliff and safety.

Misty: Hey! What about that cute little girl? Where'd she run off to?

Ashley: Beats me. But take a look over there.

Ashley points to the lights of a city, Saffron City.

Misty: Oh, wow! It's beautiful!

Ashley: Saffron City.

Brock: Sabrina's the leader of the Saffron City gym. You defeat her, you win a Marsh badge.

Ashley: Yes! Look out, Sabrina! Here I come!

Our heroes soon reach the entrance to Saffron City.

Ashley: Now this is what I call a city!

Brock: Yeah.

As our heroes enter, firecrackers go off around them, startling them.

Brock: This must be some kind of ambush!

Suddenly, two hula girls give Ashley both a lei and a kiss and congratulate them for winning something just by entering the town.

Hula girls: Congratulations, winners.

Ashley: Winners?! There's something real fishy about this! Why should we win something just for walking into town?