Episode 12: Here Comes the Squirtle Squad

🎵Pokémon: Indigo League - Theme Song🎵

Episode opens with a flashback of the past two episodes.

Ashley: Jigglypuff, go!

Narrator: You'll remember in an earlier Pokémon adventure, our hero, Ashley, achieved her dream of catching a Bulbasaur. It was a incredible victory.

Ashley: Go, Pokéball!

Narrator: And so, Bulbasaur joined the ranks. Soon, Misty, Brock and Ashley lost their way, but found a Charmander. Braving a fierce storm, Ashley and her friends came to its rescue. Abandoned by its trainer, the fire Pokémon recovered its strength and gained some new friends.

Ashley: Come on, Charmander. Welcome to the group.

Charmander jumps into the Pokéball.

Narrator: Charmander became Ashley's newest Pokémon.

Ashley chuckles.

Narrator: And that's how Ashley caught Charmander and Bulbasaur. She's pretty pleased with herself as she skips down the road, singing our favorite theme. Becoming a Pokémon trainer looks like it'll be a snap. Or will it? Can things continue to go so smoothly? Maybe Ashley is too confident. She better keep her eyes glued to the road ahead. Who knows what pitfalls are waiting to swallow up our young hero?

Ashley notices her right foot sink into the ground as she steps down.

Ashley: Huh?

Misty and Brock stop to notice, but the ground gives way, causing them to land in a pit and the Narrator sighs.

Narrator: What did I tell you? A pitfall.

Misty: No! Not another hole!

Brock: Ow! I landed on my head!

Ashley groans.

Brock: It must be a prank.

Misty: Someone has a bad sense of humor.

Ashley: Who would play such a rotten trick?

A quintet of Pokémon peer down into the hole and laugh at our heroes.

Brock: Who are you?!

Misty: What's so funny? We could have been hurt!

The Pokémon continue to laugh and stop peering into the hole just as Ashley climbs out.

Ashley: Dangerous practical jokes are nothing to laugh about!

Jigglypuff: Jigglypuff!

Misty and Brock climb out of the hole and they soon realize who and what their pranksters are. Ashley pulls out her Pokédex.

Dexter: Squirtle, this tiny turtle Pokémon draws its long neck into its shell to launch incredible water attacks with amazing range and accuracy. The blasts can be quite powerful.

Ashley: With my very own Squirtle, Gary will never beat me, go Jigglypuff!

Jigglypuff uses Confusion at the Squirtle leader but one of the Squirtles got in the way, getting knocked down instead. Jigglypuff and the lead Squirtle stare down each other, almost old western style, until a distant police siren is heard, causing the gang of Squirtle to retreat to the confusion of our heroes.

Ashley: That was sure weird.

The source of the siren arrives, Officer Jenny riding in on a motorcycle.