Chapter 1: Jules

Dixie's POV:

Hi! I'm Dixie Jane D'Amelio. I'm thirteen years old and I go to Crestwood Height Academy Highschool. I mean, to be honest, school wasn't all bad. I got voted to be every single leadership role that there was, I had an amazing best friend that I loved with my whole heart, I was an A Star Student and all the teachers said I had a bright future ahead -.

Oh fuck. I shouldn't have said that. Of course I didn't have 'a bright future ahead' that was just something those dumb teachers said. I had a dark, gloomy, foggy, cloudy, misty, smoky future ahead. How could anything be bright in my life if my parents weren't involved in it? There, I said it. I Dixie Jane D'Amelio witnessed my own parents getting murdered in front of me.

I was seven years old, I was just a little kid. My parents and I were coming back from the Ice Cream parlour down the road when suddenly a man fired a machine gun at my beloved, innocent parents. I started screaming and crying at the sight of their bloody bodies. I remember a woman who was walking her Golden Retriever run up to me and wrap me into a hug, seeing what had happened too.

I saw the face of that deceitful, evil man. His fucking face screamed evil. He killed my parents. My childhood was destroyed and taken from me. He wasn't caught though. My grandparents who were our Guardians, didn't push for a court case or anything. I remember yelling at them for it one day because it just seemed like they had given up on my parents. My Mother's parents had died, well before me and my sister Jules were born so I don't know if whether they would've wanted to make a court case because my Dad's parents damn well didn't.

I loved my little sister Jules with my entire heart. She was living in my Grandparents house and she absolutely hated it. She had begged me to take her to my house but because I was only thirteen, they wouldn't let me because apparently I wasn't 'reliable enough.' I wasn't living in the care of anyone because I pleaded with everything I had to be able to get a house of my own. They gave in and here we are I guess.

I wished Jules could be here with me though. The last time I saw her was when she was nine, she would be twelve now. We're only a year apart obviously. We were super close when we were together. She was my everything. My baby sister, my best friend, my person I could tell literally anything to and knew she wouldn't laugh. I lost it all. I lost it all in one go. My parents and my baby sister. What did I do to deserve this?

Word Count: 484
Paragraphs: 6