Chapter 17: Long Time No See

Dixie's POV:

Noah and I were sat on our bed just cooing at Pressley when suddenly there was a knock at our door. Noah and I both looked at each other in a confused manner. I picked Pressley up and put her on my chest protectively. Noah slowly went to the door and opened it. He froze. I got up, knowing he saw something that wasn't good.

I went over to the Door and froze like a statue. It was my Grandma and Grandpa, yes, the ones that didn't push for a Court Case after my Parent's murders. Tears brimmed in my eyes. This couldn't be true. They didn't have Jules with them and they looked as old as ever.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" I snapped at them, totally forgetting my language around my child. I apologetically covered her ears and passed her to Noah who held her in his chest. I wanted to burst out crying but I kept my composure because I couldn't let them think that they had won the battle.

"What a friendly way to welcome your Grandparents you who haven't seen in Donkey's Years!" My Grandpa said sarcastically. I always hated my Grandfather more than my Grandmother. Don't get me wrong, she was shit too, but my Grandpa was just another level of shit.

"For your information, you stopped being my Grandparents the second you took my baby sister away from me, and didn't try to do anything to help solve my Parent's Murder Case." I said to them both. I was trying to seem brave but I was trembling on the inside.

"Let's cut to the chase, basically we want money." My Grandpa said. My Grandmother secretly hit his arm. My jaw dropped and so did Noah's. Pressley gave a baby noise, siding with Noah and I.