Chapter 2: Angels and Demons

Dixie's POV:

It was happening again! The nightmares were literally my worst enemies. Every single night, they wouldn't ever go. They would play like a horror movie inside my brain. A tiny little television screen would just play on and on, not taking a break to stop at all.

I got up from my bed whilst sobbing and drove all the way to my best friend Addison's  house. Addison was my partner in crime and she was just my Baby. She was the only person other than Jules and my other family who actually properly knew the stuff about my parents.

She knew about the nightmares too so that's why I always went to her house and she never questioned it because she knew how hard it was for me. I got to her house and knocked on her door. She opened the door with her arms out. She knew it was going to be me. "Come here." She said while wrapping me into a warm, cosy hug.

"It's happening again Addison!" I sobbed into her chest. "Shh. Don't let's go into it now. Come in, I'll bring a hot chocolate up to your room. Go get cozied up or go into the bathroom if you need to." She said. I sniffled and then nodded and went upstairs.

Addison's house always just brought comfort to me. Maybe it was just that, her letting me know she was there and not going to leave, meant a lot. I lived in my house alone so it was always just kind of scary, mind you I was thirteen and with my anxiety, everything just scsred me and I was super sensitive, even if I didn't want to say I was.

Addison brought my hot chocolate up for me. I drunk it all up and then Addison got into bed with me. It was just something that brought me more comfort. She gave me one last hug and then went to sleep. I nuzzled against her just thinking.

I was super thankful for having Addison, but just that little part of me wished that my parents could still be here. If they were, my nightmares wouldn't exist, or maybe if I still had nightmares, I know that they definitely wouldn't be like that. I wished I could be with Jules, my Father and my Mother. I wanted to be reunited with them. I was sick and tired of just having a switch between Angels and Demons.