Chapter 4: Voices In My Head

Dixie's POV:

I was still zoned out when suddenly Noah started talking. "Are you okay?" He asked. I gasped. That voice. He sounded exactly like my parents murderer but just more softer. I gasped and ran out of the room into the toilets and started sobbing. I felt numb with pain, that's all I could feel. I clutched my entire body, wanting to rip it off of me. Why did I have to be me? Someone knocked on my cubicle door. "Go away Addison, I'm fine!" I sobbed.

"It's not Addison." A deep but soft voice said. The cubicle door opened. There was Noah. My eyes widened. "Please don't hurt me." I said while shielding myself. His eyebrows furrowed. "I wouldn't ever hit you given half a chance." He said while sitting down on the cold floor beside me. "What's wrong? It's fine to have bad days you know. I'm here if you want to talk." He asked.

"I don't want to talk." I said to him while not looking up because I couldn't let him see me in such a vulnerable state. "Okay, I'll still be here until your ready." He said. "I don't want to talk to you. I don't even know who you are." I said. It felt like I was giving myself big punches over and over again. I had never been this mean to anyone in my life. I felt so bad but I couldn't let my guard down yet. "That doesn't matter. Feelings always get better once you let them out by talking to someone." He replied. I shrugged, giving him the answer of 'I don't care.'

Voices in my head were going off telling me to be nicer but I decided to ignore them. My heart felt really weird. Why did I feel sort of comfortable with him? I had only known him for five minutes yet I felt a sort of range of connection with him. I was determined to not speak to him though.

Word Count: 333
Paragraphs: 4

I apologise that this chapter is incredibly short. I'll try my best to make the next one more interesting, maybe even update later today but I can't promise anything. I love you all so much and thank you for reading this book I really appreciate it <3