Chapter 20

A/N: Opinions would be nice!!

Edmund had joined Harry and his uncle for every private lesson that they had, he would sit in the corner and read the book that Dumbledore had assigned to him for that month and enjoy the random bursts of blue that skipped through the dusty room. Harry didn't mind him reading in a corner, the two of them just both knew that it was important to support each other, as a cousin and as a friend.

Edmund will always literally and figuratively be in Harry's corner.

After his confession and reassuring Hermione that it is fine that she doesn't like him, and saying that she doesn't have to like him, they were at a decent spot in their friendship. If they were left alone for too long, she gets an awkward vibe around her and the conversation is at a stalemate.

With Ron he hadn't spoken with ever since Lavender sent another letter and confronted Edmund about it, crying and making a scene in front of him. All Edmund did was say, 'No, I don't like you.', for the rest of the scene she threw, Edmund kept his eyes on the ground before Ron intercepted and started to comfort Lavender, his housemate. Then Edmund would see the glint in Hermione's eyes that would make his stomach upset.

"Edmund." A voice called out and grey eyes snapped open to look at his uncle. He was so immersed in his improvised nap that he hadn't realised that his uncle was calling out for him. "Let's give Madam Pomfrey a moment to rest, won't we?"

Edmund blinked a few times and nodded, he had to remind himself of where he was. In the hospital wing, on a very comfortable chair and with hot tea in his stomach. "Of course." He turned towards the matron and thanked her for letting him take a nap.

"Are you still having difficulties sleeping?" His uncle asked, the two Lupin's walked through the empty corridors that only held a few students who were just coming down from the library.

"Yes, I am." Edmund admitted to his uncle. Ever since the last sighting of his father, sleeping has been far more difficult. Especially after the conversation he had with Dumbledore about his father. "Professor Dumbledore has been looking into a possible trial for father."

"Has he?" They walked down the stairs and onto the courtyard, which more students made use of rather than the corridors. Many were sitting down on a bench, talking with one another. Only a few of them had a curious look on their face as they peered over at the uncle and nephew duo.

"He has." Edmund nodded, "Where are we going, uncle?" He asked. They walked over the path that led out of the courtyard and near the greenhouses. Edmund remembers flying over it and throwing Neville's Remembrall, after that he earned the title of chaser of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team.

"I thought it would be nice to show the history that I always reminisce about." Remus hummed with a distant look in his eyes. The Hufflepuff immediately knew of where they were going, the place that holds so many memories of terror and dread. The place that was said to be haunted by many. Including the ghosts of Hogwarts did not dare enter the abandoned house. "I know that you have always been curious about the place where my monthly transformation happened."

It was true, after the truth was revealed to Edmund of the nature of his uncle, he wondered how long he had had the disease that he had to live with and how he coped with it during his time at Hogwarts. Edmund always had the urge to know everything about the people that he loves, but he knows boundaries when it is needed.

They stopped as they looked at the sentient tree that would and will react aggressively to anything that would approach it, regardless of who or what you are. Including a flying car. The only thing that could stop the tree was a spell that only the staff knows off, and Edmund did as well. "You do it Edmund, I know that you have the knowledge of which spell to use."