CHAPTER - 2 ABSENT PARENT!!

Ruchika burst into tears the moment Abhimanyu's gentle voice reached her. She was holding onto it since very long that She couldn't hold back anymore. Abhimanyu tensed - Kya hua bacha? Ro kyu rahi hai?

Abhimanyu tried to pull her back but she was not ready to pull back from the hug. He gave up and let her stay whispering sweet nothings and assurances that they all are present for her and she have nothing to worry.

Siddharth's eyes misted. His Ruchika never cried, not this much atleast. The fact that she was holding onto her pain since morning wrenched his heart. The thought itself was too much for him. He should have exerted his right and pushed her more in the morning.

Everyone tried to console her but Ruchika listened to none. When she didn't look like she would stop anytime soon, Abhimanyu forcefully pulled her back and raised his voice a bit - Chup!

The voice no where near stern or firm. He just raised his decibels a bit. Ruchika flinched. Abhimanyu ignored the flinch and made her sit. He wiped away her tears gently. The moment he did that, more tears overflowed. Abhimanyu wiped them again and cupped her face - Chup hoja Bacha. Kitna royegi? Kya pareshani hai?

Ruchika remained silent. Abhimanyu looked at his family. Everyone were tensed. Siddharth was very close to tears and Devansh is already crying. He sighed. The boy cried whenever he sees any of them crying. He didn't need any reasons to open his tap. He silently asked them to move away. Everyone walked away but Siddharth hesitated. Anirudh dragged him away forcefully. Abhimanyu's heart went out for Siddharth as well but there was nothing he could do. He is not ready to give his commitment and why would any girl be willing to share her problems with a man who is not ready to give her the commitment and assurance she needs! He would have to talk to Siddharth. The boy is definitely living in his dream land when it comes to his love life. But he decided to look into the matter at hand. He already had a hunch but he wanted to be sure.

Abhimanyu cupped Ruchika's face and made her look up. She is yet to meet his eyes. But she is not willing to do that. Something is very wrong. He spoke gently - Meri taraf dekho Ruchi.

Ruchika's eyes spilled again. There is so much pain bottled inside her that how much ever she tried, she is unable to stop those tears.

Abhimanyu tried again. He reminded himself that the girl needs love and care. He spoke gently - Dekho meri taraf bacha.

Ruchika looked up hesitantly. It is very hard to look into her bhaiyya's eyes, especially when she is hiding something from him.

Abhimanyu's heart pained when she looked at him with her big doe shaped eyes filled with tears and a wealth of pain. What was hurting his child so much? He caressed her face and gently spoke - Ab bata. Kya hua? Kisine kuch kaha? Koi problem hai? Bua se jagada hua tera?

Ruchika looked away and Abhimanyu sighed. He squeezed her hand - Unhone kuch kaha?

Ruchika remained silent. She couldn't say the truth and she didn't want to lie! Abhimanyu frowned - Kya chupa rahi hai, Ruchi? Is there anything I need to know.

Ruchika shook her head without looking at Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu - Tho idhar udhar kya dekh rahi hai?

"RUCHIKA"

That is when Mahima's voice boomed in the Roy house!!

Ruchika and Abhimanyu got up. Ruchika moved towards her mother. All the Roys stepped out listening to Mahima's voice.

Ruchika - Aap yaha kya kar rahe ho Mom?

Mahima glared her daughter - Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho, Ruchika??