CHAPTER - 7 HEARTFELT CONVERSATIONS!!!

I am not sure with chapter's name... If you anything else more suitable.. Comment here!

Ruchika sat on a chair in front of Siddharth. She actually wanted to irritate him but since he was doing something important, it didn't seem correct to interrupt The Chief Minister of the state. So she patiently waited for him to look up at her. She kept playing with the globe to keep herself busy. After 10 such minutes passed, she heard a knock on the door. She ordered "Come in" as if it was her cabin.

Jyotika walked in surprised only to find her Higher official glaring at a girl! She gave an amused look to Siddharth who looked up at her. She offered a polite smile - I can come later..

Siddharth cut her off - No that's fine, Ms. Rajendran. Aap bolo. Kya kaam hai.

Ruchika turned around to look at Jyotika, whose eyebrows raised as soon as she saw her. Ruchika smiled and moved forward to give a nice hug to Jyotika.

Jyotika pulled back and looked between Siddharth and Ruchika with a surprised smile on her face. She wiggled her eyebrows looking at Ruchika who shrugged and spoke - Boliye Mam. Kya kaam hai aapko CM sir se? Aaj mai unka PA hu. And sir bhi free hai. Aap baat karsakte hai unse.

Jyotika chuckled and looked at Siddharth. She knew who Ruchika was. She saw her enough times with Akshara and Siddharth to not know her. She straightened her face when she saw Siddharth's poker face. Her Boss was not in the mood for some fun, she thought and passed a file towards him before sitting in front of him as he asked her to. Ruchika settled beside her.

Siddharth looked at the project report which was crafted meticulously. He took his leisure time to go through all the papers, scrutinizing each and every point. He looked up with a satisfied smile once he is done - Great Job, Ms. Rajendran. Let's finish the official work today. I want this..

He picked up the report - to start by the end of next week. Speed up all the procedures. Paperwork aaj raat tak khatam hojana chahiye! WEST BENGAL RURAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM should be on cards from tomorrow.

Jyotika nodded and pushed another file towards him - That will be done sir. But these are the list of villages which needed to be taken care of, immediately. They are in desperate need of hospitals.

Siddharth nodded and pushed back the file - Then make sure it is done, Ms. Rajendran. Unofficially, kaam shuru karvayiye.

Ruchika chirped in - Or maybe.. send a team of medical camps to all those villages until then.

Siddharth ignored her and looked back into his laptop. Jyotika answered Ruchika - We have already sent Ruchika. It has been a month. But they need proper infrastructure and medical facilities.

Ruchika nodded with a smile. She shouldn't have interfered, she thought! Of course, Siddharth might have thought everything.

Jytoika reciprocated the smile and got up - I will take your leave, Sir.

Siddharth nodded and dismissed her.

Ruchika kept playing with things around Siddharth's cabin, shifting from one place to another, all the while, Siddharth was doing his work, as if he was the only one present in that cabin. He was genuinely busy this time. He had a lot of things to do. He could see he is going to be busy the same way, for the upcoming 2 to 3 months, at least until all the things fall into their rhythm.

Ruchika just waited for him, like a good girl and friend she was. She can disturb her friend anytime but she can't disturb a government official, who is working for people. She respected his time for society. She could wait for her time. Then, even Siddharth can't stop her from demanding her time.