CHAPTER - 17

Next one after 220+ Votes and 200 minimum comments! 

With this chapter, my bank is empty! I will have to write the next chapter and I will, after the target is finished. 

Abhimanyu looked at Vikranth who was again lost in his thoughts. He shook him gently - Vikranth!

Vikranth looked at him. Abhimanyu have him the medicines, who gulped them down without a complaint. That was so not his child. Abhimanyu cupped his face - Kya hua Vicky? Kaha khoya hua hai? 

Vikranth shook his head and hugged him tightly! Abhimanyu felt Vikranth's agitation and held him closer protectively. He spoke gently, caressing the boy's hair - Kya hua bacha? Itna pareshaan kyu hai? Sab teek hai na?

Vikranth nodded but didn't speak anything. He just wanted to be in his bhaiyya's embrace and stay there forever. Abhimanyu understood the boy's silence and made himself comfortable on the bed pulling his child close to his heart. Abhimanyu didn't realise he needed that hug much more than Vikranth needed it. Vikranth dozed off. 

Abhimanyu dozed off as well. He is exhausted, mentally and physically. With Vikranth in his embrace, safe and sound, he let himself drift into sleep. 

When Akshara walked into Vikranth's room for calling them to have dinner, she was greeted with a site which brought tears into her eyes. It has been more than 7 years and she couldn't be more happy. She blinked back her tears and warded off the evil eye around her boys before walking towards them. She kissed Vikranth's forehead and caressed his face gently. He looked peaceful and the soft smile on his face filled her heart with happiness. She has been seeing those genuine smiles these days, after her husband forced the boy to come back to the house. She didn't have a heart to wake him but he needed to eat something before he could have another set of medicines. She gently tapped his forehead - Vicky...

Abhimanyu opened his eyes only to find his wife. He smiled and was about to get up but he realised Vikranth held on to him in a tight grip. His smile widened. He relaxed back on the  bed looking at his wife who gave him a soft smile. Akshara tapped Vikranth's hand - Bacha.. 

Vikranth opened his eyes groggily and found his bhabhi gently smiling at him. He smiled back - Good Morning Bhabhi.

Akshara chuckled shaking her head - This is night ACP sir. Get up, eat and then sleep again. 

Vikranth hid his face in Abhimanyu's chest and whined - Mujhe nahi uthna Bhabhi. Bahut neend aarahi hai. 

Abhimanyu caressed Vikranth's hair and spoke - Vicky.. medicines bhi leni hai na. Sirf soup hi tho peeni hai. Drink and then sleep. Chal. Uth.

Abhimanyu made Vikranth sit making sure he didn't put pressure on the injured arm. Akshara got up - Aap dono fresh hojayiye. I will get food.

Vikranth spoke rubbing off his sleep. He was not a tight sleeper. His job didn't give him that luxury. Vikranth - Yaha kyu? Neeche aayenge na hum!

Abhimanyu - You are not stepping out this room until Nimisha gives you all clear, Vicky.

Abhimanyu's voice was soft yet firm . Vikranth's sleep flew away - Are par chot tho haat pe lagi na... Mai chal sakta hu!

Akshara walked away. Her husband can handle Vikranth better than anyone. 

Abhimanyu - Agar aap behes nahi karenge tho aapke sehat ke liye acha hoga Vikranthji. You are already guilty on too many counts. So better keep your mouth shut and do what is expected from you.