CHAPTER - 6 SILENT TREATMENT?!

Ruchika looked at Abhimanyu stunned - Kya?

Abhimanyu gentled his voice and held Ruchika's hands, trying to reassure her - Bacha. You went through a lot for a very long time period. Aur tumhare paas koi tha bhi nahi, to help you or for you to share your problems. And I am sure, Bua ne bahut sare baatein kahe honge jo unhe kehna kya sochna bhi nahi chahiye. Hai na?

Abhimanyu's voice wavered. It hurt him to even say that no one was there for Ruchika when he was still alive and breathing. But he had to remind himself that it is not about him, it is for his child, her happiness and her future. 

Ruchika swallowed the lump in her throat and looked away. Her eyes teared up without her knowledge. Abhimanyu pulled her into a hug and patted her back - It's ok bacha. Ab koi tumhe hurt nahi karpayega. Aur nahi mai karne dunga. But for that.. we also need to ensure that you don't hurt yourself. Uske liye, we need help of a professional. We can't have Bua's words effecting you for life, Ruchi. Please bacha. Mere liye maan jao. 

Ruchika composed herself and pulled back - Mai lungi help bhaiyya. Mujhe aur hurt nahi hona hai Mom ke baato se, unke harkaton se. I want to start fresh. I don't want to hurt you all. I am ready to take help. Please aap aise request mat karo. Mujhe acha nahi lag raha hai. I know that this is for my best and I trust you with my life. 

Abhimanyu kissed her forehead smiling - Thank you bacha. Thanks a lot. 

Ruchika reciprocated the smile. The happiness in his voice overwhelmed her. Suddenly, it all looked so simple. The years of struggle kind of washed away with few words, heartfelt words. Was it really this simple? Nope. It was not at all this simple. Abhimanyu Vardhaan Roy, the man whom she calls as her bhaiyya, made it simple, FOR HER!! She knew she hurt him more than he expressed. She didn't even want to think how it is, to realise that her loved one needed her and she was blissfully unaware of it. She looked at the man infront of her. He had this realisation.. not once, but twice! She didn't understand how he still had it in him to forgive everything with a smile! She pledged to never repeat her mistakes, not for her, but for her family!! 

She was startled out her thoughts when Abhimanyu spoke again - Kya soch rahi ho Ruchi?

Ruchika shook her head with a small pout - Bhabhi bahut gussa hai na mujhse?

Abhimanyu sighed - Nahi hona chahiye kya?

Ruchika took a deep breathe and got up - Mai unke paas jaati hu. 

Abhimanyu got up as well, stretching his arms - I thought you were smart Ruchi. Pehle aasaan kaam karleni chahiye bacha! How about you start this with Siddharth? 

Ruchika looked at him, lost in her thoughts and nodded her head - You are right! He is the best option. Jaati hu uske paas. 

She turned to go but stopped and turned back - Aaj mai leave pe hu, bhaiyya. Bahut kaam hai mujhe. Mehtas vali file Rohan ke sath hai. Goenkas vali Project ko maine Abeer bhaiyya ko update kardiya. And aaj.. Japanese clients ke sath conference call hai. Aap karlo. Bye.

She gave him a quick hug and ran upstairs, carefully. Abhimanyu chuckled to himself and shook his head, smiling softly. He got a call from Rohan at the same time to inform about the conference call, which was scheduled in an hour. He decided to check on Vikranth once, before he let himself drown in the work. The boy looked like he wanted to tell something. 

He walked to Vikranth's room only to find him sleeping, without a care. A contented smile made its way onto his lips. He walked closer to caress the boy's face but got shocked when he was pinned down on the bed as soon as he touched Vikranth.

"Shit!!! I am sorry bhaiyya!" Vikranth released his grip on Abhimanyu's throat and got up from the bed to fetch a glass of water for his bhaiyya, who was coughing by now. He made Abhimanyu drink water.