CHAPTER - 8 THE INEVITABLE DOOM!!

Mahima is now pacing nervously in her office, sweating in 16 degree AC. She had built an empire of corruption. She didn't leave any means to exploit the system, using her position as Health Minister. She had been on tenure for about 9 years as Health Minister. And the West Bengal is pushed 5 years backward, considering the medical field. Vishaal Vardhaan Roy was too blinded in love and responsibility to look past the show Mahima has been putting on, all her life. Even the whole Roy clan were not clear about her intentions, until she lost it the night before! 

She kept looking at the article in the phone, written by some small scale investigative journalist, named Alok Sharma, who had the knack for uncovering the truth! The article is now all over the place, making him famous. From local newspapers to local news channels, She was trending! News is yet to the catch the attention of National Media. But she knew it would take no time for that to happen. She tried to buy Alok out but he callously dismissed her quoting that He was not for sale and neither is the truth! She had been getting calls after calls ever since! 

She could see her doom and she knew she needed to act fast. She was just thinking her options when her PA, Ravi Kumar, walked in her cabin. She looked at him for some good news but his face gave away that the situation is getting worse. If her guess was right, she would get a call from Party people, a vote of no confidence in Parliament.. Her resigning, worse, going to Jail.. All that flashed infront of her eyes. She was now profusely sweating.

Ravi Kumar approached Mahima carefully - Mam.

Mahima looked at him, startled out of her thoughts. She took the hand Kerchief from his hands and collapsed back in the chair. Ravi Kumar spoke after few moments of silence - Ek tareeka hai Mam!

Mahima looked at him, with a frown. They tried everything! Right from blackmailing Alok to threatening him! They even planned an attack, but the guy escaped into thin air! 

Ravi Kumar continued - ROYS!

Mahima's face hardened. She knew she had them as a way out of her mess. But she was too proud to even accept that. She got up - Mujhe unse koi lena dena nahi hai! I can sort out the mess, myself. 

She got up and picked up her phone. She had made more than decent connections. If she goes behind the bars, she is not the only one going in, She could take a bunch of people with her! They will have to help her now!

As Siddharth and Ruchika reached into his cabin, their phones buzzed. Ruchika ignored it and picked up a magazine, sitting on a couch. She is on a break, why not take a digital break as well! 

Siddharth sat in front of his laptop, He closed his eyes as National Media picked up the news. He looked at Ruchika. He didn't know how she would take it. He remembered the conversation he had with his bhabhi and decided to let her take the lead. His phone rang at the same time, he picked up the call when he saw his bhabhi's number.

"Ruchika ko batadiya?" Her voice came through.

He answered in negative. 

"Mat batao. We all know what kind of a person Mahima Mukherjee is. Ruchika knows as well. But she still have those hopes. She needs to get a closure! Don't let Ruchika know this, not before the night!" 

Siddharth sighed. He knew this is for the best but the idea of keeping Ruchika in dark didn't sit well with him. But he knew he had to the right thing, even if it is not the way he would prefer. He agreed with his Bhabhi on all counts. He was about to agree with her when Akshara's voice came through.

"I am sorry bacha, I am forcing you to do this. I know you are hating every moment of it."  

Siddharth cut her off before she could plead him more "This is the hard way bhabhi but this is the only way. I can understand. Don't think about this much. I will handle myself. Take care Bhabhi. Ghar pe milte hai."