Ark 4 Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Orion was sitting on the couch, looking at his phone,until he heard Tessa's Voice

Tessa: "You forgot to eat dinner"

Tease comes into the barn, carrying a tray with some food for Cade, with Rose following behind her

Tessa: "You see why I worry"

Cade: "Look,Sorry,Sweetie,I...I almost got it working right"

Tessa: "So,Listen, Rose and I are done with homework and set with Finals,So we were just gonna take a little drive with some friends,If that is ok with you....No boys,I know,Graduate first"

Cade: "Exactly"

Rose: "You do know no one else has this rule,right?"

Cade: "Rule? Don't make it sound harsh,okay. It's Wisdom. I don't think we need to be driving around in the middle of the night. It's already like quarter to eight.It's almost dark...Spud,will you stop it?"

Orion gets up from the couch, following Cade and Tessa, with Rose doing the same

Cade: "You know where I was for my graduation"

Tessa: "Yes. With me,the mistake"

Cade: "The surprise,Tess. And the best thing that ever happened. Do we look unhappy? Huh? No. It's the greatest day of my life......I made your mother a promise before she passed. Our baby's gonna be at her graduation. That's it. High School Boys know nothing, It's only later they turn into men"

Tessa: "So if you were older and wiser,I wouldn't exist"

Cade: "That's not what I meant. You know,this is a non-dating household, okay. You don't date,I don't date. That's it"

Tessa: "Well,Maybe you should"

Cade: "Tessa Wait"

Tessa walks out of the barn, with Cade,Orion, and Rose following behind

Cade: "Tessa,Look,I know I've been on you,okay? But I have to be. Twelve to Seventeen is the official teenage danger window. It's my job to get you through it. So you can be pissed off all you want......And, yes, You and Rose can take a ride with your Friends"

Tessa: "Okay"

Tessa kisses Cade's cheek

Tessa: "Don't work all night,And eat,C'mon Rose"

Rose turned her head, looking at Orion

Orion: "Go ahead"

Rose: "Thanks Dad"

Rose walks, following Tessa

(After the sun sets)

Orion was sitting on the stairs of the porch, while Cade holds the railing, looking up

Cade: "Best thing that ever happened,Emily. She's the best thing that ever happened. You'd be proud"

Orion looks up to the stars,starting to form a couple tears

Orion: "I wish you were here Orion, to see the women that Rose has grown to become, you would be proud"

Orion Looks down, looking at the necklace that Optimus gave him, before being hunted down

Cade looks at Orion, walking towards his and sitting next to him

Cade: "Orion would be proud of the way you raised Rose,Orion"

Orion: "You and Lana helped me raise her"

Cade: "True,but you did most of the raising"

Orion chuckles a bit