21. Enough.

When I went out to bring Jimmy that bottle of water, we saw some walkers out in the distance. Jimmy is really afraid of walkers. He's not used to them like I am. I mean, I'm afraid of them, too, but when I see them, I don't go sprinting off back to the house. Jimmy did. And I followed after him as best I could.

Maggie and Hershel were talking in the kitchen when me and Jimmy got inside, and Jimmy alerted Hershel of the walkers. I offered to get my dad because he knows how to take care of walkers, but Hershel told me to go upstairs with Beth.

I'm not one to argue, so here I am, upstairs with Beth. I can still watch out the window, though. Hershel got Rick to help with the walkers, which is good. I know Rick knows how to deal with walkers. He's tough, that Rick. But I know Dad's gonna be mad once he finds out that Rick and Andrea still haven't left to go out looking for Sophia.

Now that I know what's going on with the walkers, I don't feel so nervous about it. I can look around the rest of the room, now. One really cool thing about Beth's room is that she's got four American Girl dolls. Four. I always wanted an American Girl doll. I wanted the Molly doll, more specifically.

Molly was on my Christmas list every single year, but I never got her. Problem with American Girl dolls is that they're, like, a ba-jillion dollars. Dad could never afford to get me Molly, and Santa never brought her, either. One time, though, me and Dad found a Bitty-Baby doll at a garage sale. It was only ten dollars at the garage sale, so Dad let me get it. I named her Jill. I wonder if Jill is alright, back at my house. I hope she is.

Anyway, the dolls that Beth has got aren't all ones that I know. I can recognize one of them as Julie and another as Josefina, but I don't know the other two.

"What are these two called?" I ask Beth, pointing to the two dolls on the shelf. I'd pick 'em up, but I know some people don't like when you touch their stuff without asking. Especially with expensive things, like American Girl dolls.

"That one doesn't have a name. It's a Just Like You doll, so you pick 'em out to look like you. I got this one when I was just a lil' girl. She's supposed to look like me," Beth explains, pointing at the blonde doll with wavy hair. Then she points to the other, which has brown, curly hair. "I got her just because I thought she was pretty. She was the Girl of the Year in either 2006 or 2007. I can't remember. I think her name's Nicki. Did you have any American Girl dolls?"

"No. My dad said they were too much money. But I got a Bitty Baby at a garage sale. Her name is Jill," I explain as I admire her dolls.

"You can have one of mine, if you want. I don't really play with 'em anymore," Beth tells me.

My eyes widen like crazy. No way she'd just let me keep her. "Really? I can just- I can just choose?" I ask, bouncing on my toes.

"Yeah. Whichever one you want," Beth says, smiling at me.

I practically squeal with excitement. "Can I have Nicki?" I ask. My stomach is all full of excited butterflies as Beth nods and gets the doll off of the shelf. She hands her to me and I can't hardly believe that I've got an American Girl doll in my hands. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I say.

"Of course. I have a box full of clothes for them under my bed. You can have that, too," Beth says. She crouches down in front of her bed and pulls that box out. It's got little stars all over it. When she opens it up, I can't believe how full it is.

I'm practically vibrating with how excited I am. I sit down on the floor and begin to sort through all the clothes. There are so many clothes. She's got dresses and shirts and skirts and pants and shoes and pajamas and even swimsuits. It's crazy. I think Beth's got more clothes for this doll than I ever had clothes for myself. I thank her about fifty more times.