"Hospital Visit"

"I'm heading to Mike's, bye mom, bye dad!" Lucas called from downstairs. He headed out the front door and locked it behind him, walking over to his bike. "Mike, I'm heading over there now." Lucas said over the walkie talkie. "Alright, see you soon, man." Mike replied. Lucas put his walkie talkie back in his bag and hopped on his bike, starting to ride to Mike's.

Lucas stared up at the sky as he rode. It was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot and not too cold. The birds chirped and the leaves on the trees swayed to and fro. BEEEEEEP. Lucas looked back ahead of him, seeing him heading straight for a car. He tried to swerve out of the way, but before he could, the car came at a fast speed towards him. "SHIT!-" Was he could make out before the car hit him at full speed, him getting knocked off his bike, feeling himself hit the concrete. His vision went blurry. All the sounds faded, still being slightly heard. The man quickly hopped out his car and ran over to Lucas. "Oh god, kid are you okay?!" The man asked him, a worried look on his face. Lucas couldn't answer. It was as if his mouth suddenly stopped working. He began to feel lightheaded, eventually blacking out. His vision went pitch black, and nothing was heard.

Max continued folding her clothes, putting them in her drawers. She had a speaker playing music as well, as she hummed along. Suddenly, she heard Mike over the walkie talkie. She walked over to her bedside table and picked it up. "Hello?" She said, almost in an annoyed tone. "Max, come over to my place, this is urgent." Mike said. "What happened?" Max questioned. "It's about Lucas." Mike replied. "What about Lucas?" Max asked, now more concerned. "Just get over here now!" Mike exclaimed, then turning off his walkie talkie. Max sighed and put her shoes on, tying her hair into a low ponytail. She headed outside and got on her skateboard.

When Max finally made it to Mike's house, she went up and knocked on the door. Mike answered almost immediately. "Come in." She followed Mike inside, sitting by him on the couch. "So has Lucas talked to you today?" He asked. "No, he hasn't.." She replied. "He was supposed to come over, and he even told me he was coming, but he never did. I don't know where else he could be, I asked his parents too and they said he wasn't home." Mike said. Max picked up her walkie talkie and switched to the right channel. "Lucas, this is Max, do you copy?" No answer. "Lucas, do you copy?" She asked again. Still no answer. "What the hell.." Max said to herself. Suddenly, the phone rang. Mike got up to answer it. "Hello?" "Hey Michael, its Sue." "Did you find Lucas?" Mike asked in an urgent tone. "Uhm yes, we are at the hospital right now." "What happened? Is he okay?" Mike asked. No answer. "Hello?" Mike said, once again. No answer. He put the phone back up on the wall and turned to Max. "We gotta go." Mike stated, already going to get his stuff. "Where is he?" Max asked. "The hospital." Mike replied. "Is he alright, what happened?!" "I don't know.." Max got up quickly. Both of them headed out the door, starting towards the hospital.

Lucas' eyes fluttered open, having to adjust to the bright lights in the room. He looked around, noticing that he was in a hospital room. He could see many wires, machines, and computers. He looked down to see that he had bandages around his arm and leg. He couldn't exactly remember what happened, he just knew that he was heading to Mike's and he blacked out. The room was quiet except for the machines whirring. He noticed a cup of water sitting on the table next to him. He grabbed it with his good arm and took a sip of it, setting it back down. His attention directed to the doorway when he heard the door creak open. His parents walked in. "Oh honey are you okay?" His mom questioned him, already walking over to Lucas to give him a hug. "Yeah, I think so.." Lucas replied. He still felt dizzy, like he was gonna pass out again. "You sure, son?" His dad asked, looking at him with a concerned expression. Lucas just nodded, becoming more tired. Eventually, he passed out again.

Max and Mike rushed into the hospital, ignoring all the people yelling at them to stop running. They decided to take the stairs, knowing it will be faster. They slowed down when they saw Lucas' parents. They were sitting on the chairs outside of the room. Is he okay?" Mike asked them. "We don't know, he just passed out again.." Sue responded. "Well what happened to him in the first place?" Max questioned. I guess he was just riding his bike, and a uh.. a car hit him.." Sue said, her voice quivering. Max and Mike shared a glance. A nurse walked out of the room. "He's stable now, should wake up any second. She said to his parents and Mike and Max. If you guys want your alone time with him, you can." Sue told them. They nodded and walked into the room. Lucas sat up in the bed, noticing Max and Mike walking in. "Max? Mike?" He was surprised that they already found out what happened. Both of them walked over, giving Lucas a tight hug. Lucas hugged them back, feeling safer in some way. Max grabbed his shoulders tightly, but not too tight. "You need to watch where you're going from now on." She said, staring him in the eyes. He chuckled. "Okay." "Yeah man, we can't live without you." Mike added in. "I'm gonna go let the others know whats going on." Mike said, getting up and walking towards the door. He closed it behind him, letting Max and Lucas have some privacy. Max wiped her eyes. "Hey, you alright?" Lucas asked her, softly rubbing her cheek. "I don't wanna lose you..." Max answered, looking down. "You won't lose me, okay? Trust me, I'm not going anywhere." He reassured her. He reached and grabbed her hand. "I promise." Max leaned in and hugged him. She wanted the hug to last forever. She never wanted to let go of him again. Even though Lucas had promised, Max still wanted to be around him just in case. She always did.