"Wish you were here."

This takes place well after Max has made it out of the hospital, but Lucas has not.

Max sat on the couch in Mike's basement, while El, Will, Mike, and Dustin sat on the floor playing a board game. She decided not to join them, having too much on her mind. On one side, she was glad that Lucas wasn't quite dead, but she was also hoping that she wasn't just waiting for him to die. The crash effected him extremely, so thats why she couldn't really rule it out. After she had gotten out of the hospital, she would lay in bed at home and anguish in sorrow. Max blamed herself for what had happened, and regretted the decision she made that day.

"Max, are you alright?" Max came back to reality, seeing El sitting next to her. It was only them in the basement. "Yeah, I'm fine.." She responded. "Where did the others go.?" She questioned. "They went upstairs to get snacks." El answered. "I'm sorry about what happened.." She said with an apologetic look. Max looked down. "Thank you.." El smiled comfortingly. Max fidgeted with her hands. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" El asked. The words hit Max like a brick. She remembered when Lucas would always be the one to ask her that. She could feel tears welling up in her eyes. Max leaned in, hugging El tightly. El hugged her back. "I'm not okay." She mumbled into El's shoulder. El rubbed her back.

Max started walking back towards Lucas' house. It had started raining right when she left, and El insisted that she just wait it out. Max denied and here she was now. The rain had gotten worse, but she didn't mind it.

NOTE: Max lives with Lucas and his family because I said so.

When she finally arrived, she walked in the door, greeted by the warmness of the Sinclair residence. Sue stood at the counter, cooking dinner. Max could hear her sniffling. "Oh hey sweetie.." She said, turning around to face Max. "Hi." She replied simply. She knew that Sue must've been feeling the same pain she was right now. "I'll be upstairs." Max said, already walking up the stairs. She went into Lucas' room, shutting the door behind her. She was scared that if he didn't make it, then all their happy memories would just disappear. She really just wished that he was with her right now, giving her a tight hug. She curled up in his covers, and let her tears run free.