"What did you just say..?"

AUTHORS NOTE: This one will definitely have some strong language, so just warning ya. Also, thank you to Hannan_Louani For the recommendation.

Max and Lucas walked down the hallway of the school building, talking and laughing."God, you're funny." Max said as she smiled, looking up at him. Lucas looked down at her, smirking. "Hey, you!" Called out a voice coming from behind them. They ignored it, thinking it probably wasn't them the kid was talking to. A hand gripped Lucas' shoulder tightly, causing them both to turn around. "What?" Lucas asked, not even knowing who he was. "Aren't you the bitch that got in that fight last week?" He asked. "I'm not a bitch." Lucas said, his voice a bit harsh. "Always you n****** (CAN't SAY.) getting into fights, isn't that right?" He said, chuckling. "What the fuck did you just call him?" Max questioned stiffly. "You heard what I said." The kid said. "Max c'mon, just ignore him.." Lucas reassured. "Yeah listen to your boyfriend." The boy scoffed. He turned away and started to walk away but Lucas grabbed his arm tightly. "The boy turned around, alarmed. "You leave us alone, you got that?" The boy stood there, his eyes widened. "Who's the bitch now, huh?" Lucas asked rhetorically. He shoved him away and walked back over to Max. "Let's go." Lucas stated, his voice harsh. She followed without hesitation.

When they got back to Lucas' house, they sat on the edge of his bed. "I can't believe he said that." Max finally said, breaking the silence. "He was being so fucking stupid and-" "Max it's fine, people have said it to me millions of times, I'm used to it." "Still, you shouldn't be getting treated like that. I won't let anyone else say that to you." Lucas just wrapped an arm around her. Max scooted closer to him. "I promise."