"Fearless"

BACKGROUND: Max and Lucas are just friends who went shopping at the mall.

The two teenagers walk through the shopping mall, talking and laughing. It was a beautiful dark, starry night, and Max and Lucas were spending the day at the mall. Or so they thought. When they opened the doors to the mall, the pavement was soaked. It must've rained while they were inside.

As they walked to the the car, Max noticed how beautiful the shine on the ground was because of the rain. A beautiful spot to dance. She glances at Lucas. That would be stupid, especially in front of all these people. She thought to herself. She kept walking.

They get in the car, and Lucas starts driving back towards Max's house. As they drive, Max continuously glances over at Lucas, not trying to start any conversation. Why was she always looking at him more than any of her other friends? Did she..like him.?

Lucas ran a hand through his hair, still watching the road. Even if Max did like Lucas, she knew he was too cool for her. I mean, a jock? On the basketball team? Hanging out with the popular kids? She kept watching him, feeling extreme admiration. No way would she tell him, though.

While she sat in the passenger seat, she noticed Lucas looking at her. He was smiling warmly, making Max get butterflies. Was he looking at..her.? She smiled back, feeling amazing. Lucas looked away quickly. "Sorry, that was super awkward.." He said, blushing. "It's okay." Max replied, looking away, still smiling. If only there was a way to capture the moment.

Suddenly, Lucas parked somewhere, getting out of the car. "Where are we?" Max asks, following him out of the car. In front of them is a giant lake, which gleams in the moonlight. "I know it's kinda lame, but I thought we could just sit here for a bit. Y'know, talk." He shrugged. "That sounds nice." Max walked towards the water, Lucas following close behind. Max felt Lucas grab her hand, pulling her forward. Before she could stop him, he had pulled her into the water, causing them to both get drenched. "Woo!" He exclaimed. Max swam towards him, smiling.

After smiling and laughing for a bit, Lucas grabbed on to the grass, pulling himself up, then Max. They sat in the grass, staring up at the sky. "It's really pretty out tonight.." He said, his voice soft and comforting as if you were being hugged by pillows. "Yeah, it sure is.." Max agreed, blushing. It felt nice being here with Lucas. Better than being here with anyone else. Now would be the perfect time to tell him. "Hey uh, Lucas.?" She started, turning to face him. "Hm?" He turned to look at her. "I-uh..uhm.." She stuttered, realizing this wasn't a good time. "Never mind.." "Oh. Uh, okay!" She checked her watch, her eyes widening. "Shit, I gotta get home." "Come on let's go then." He smiled, helping her up and leading her to the car.

They got in, and Lucas started driving again. The rain started pouring down again. "Don't worry, I have an umbrella." He said reassuringly.

When they arrived, Lucas got out and opened his umbrella, walking over to Max's side. He held the umbrella over them as he walked her to the front door. Before Max opened the door, she looked over at Lucas. He was looking at her too. She started to get butterflies again, and her hands were shaky and sweaty. Before she knew it, Lucas threw the umbrella and leaned in, kissing her. She was surprised. So he liked me all along? She thought. The rain poured down on them, but neither teen cared. They were too lost in the moment. Max wrapped her arms around his shoulders, deepening the kiss. Max knew that one thing was for sure:

Lucas was fearless.

NOTE: I HOPE YALL LIKE THIS I TRIED MY BEST TO DEPICT IT BASED OFF FEARLESS..