Chapter 9: The search for the crests

Max is having a strange dream where he sees only darkness and sees two dark figures standing in front of with evil smiles looking down at him as the figure was reaching toward him until light shined through and revealed to be different crests appearing before him.

???: Find the crests...

Max: Ah!

Max awoke from the nightmare and sees his partner/ Little brother Gammamon running up to Max with concern.

Gammamon:(concern) Are you ok big bro?

Max smiled and patted Gammamon on the head.

Max:(smile) I'm fine little brother.

Max looked at his alarm clock and realized he was late to meet up with his friends at the park.

Max: Oh Shoot!

Max and Gammamon hurriedly ran to the park to meet up with Alexis and the others

Meanwhile...

Tygren was furious that the hunter couldn't destroy Max and Alexis.

Tygren:(anger) That fool failed!

Tsukaimon: Relax Tygren true he failed but those fools won't stand in our way of achieving victory.

Tygren: You're right soon both Earth and the Digital World will be shrouded in darkness and the universe will be ours! Both Tygren and his Digimon partner laughed evilly.

Meanwhile at the park...

Alexis and the others are waiting for Max and Gammamon.

Jack: What's taking them so long?

Daniel: Relax he probably overslept.

Renamon sees Max and Gammamon.

Renamon: They're here.

Max: Sorry we're late guys.

Lincoln: That's alright also are you alright?

Max:...Well I had this strange dream but it felt more like a nightmare.

Alexis: What was it about?

Max: Well I only saw darkness until I saw these strange looking symbols appearing and I heard a voice.

Rex: (curious)What did this voice say?

Max: It said to find the crests.

Jack: I've heard about these crests. Legend says that chosen digidestines used them to defeat evil and each represent the elements.

Alexis: Then that means we need to find them.

Max: Seems to be the case... I have a bad feeling that a great evil is rising and we're the only ones who can stop it.

Herissmon: Then what are we waiting for let's get searching!

They set off on their quest to find the crests and stop this evil from rising.

To be continued...