|| Essence ||

Unknown 2 - pov

Another day, another song. Today I decided to practice something beyond my difficulty level and surprise my viewers. What I realize is that my dream job will never be enough. Every artist, channel, or influencer in general, first began as something small, and people eventually found them. Recognition doesn't happen overnight, so sometimes you must believe in your ability to make things happen. It doesn't help that YouTube only pays you for every thousand views or so. Maybe it's an interest and you just happen to earn a little extra money. But a career? Good luck with that.

I will say I was lucky enough to be found by people who were willing to support me financially by simply watching my videos. I don't think I deserve this much actually. What did I do? I didn't go to college. I moved out of my country. I stopped talking to my parents. That is usually not a sign of a good person. But I hope it shows that I believe I am strong enough to be sovereign, and I hope you see it too.

The harsh winter 5 a.m. weather bit into my skin as I decided to bravely walk to the studio without any protection from the cold. It's only a few minutes away and I could not bother putting on a jacket, and then removing it at a place with warm air conditioning.

To learn a song, you must first learn its essence. Everything revolves around the essence of a song. As much as people want to believe that music is simply a distraction or diversion from their lives, they don't realize when a song plays, it is speaking to them. It could be English, or any other language in the world which you may or may not understand, people still hold onto that gift because it speaks to them.

When you sing a song, your emotions need to reflect what you've understood from it. Songs just happen to make no sense at all most of the time. That is not always true, considering the endless jokes on the internet that I would hardly label as true songs. If you really want to, you will not only hear a song, you will also feel it. And while you're singing, you have to embrace that feeling for the best outcome.

One can never get worse at singing. It's a kind of once-and-forever situation. Even if you don't have a voice as sweet as others, if it means something to you, it means something to me too.

I think we can both live with that.