|| Inner ghost ||

jungwon - pov

"Jungwon, what the hell is wrong with you? You've been so sulky the past few days and it's upsetting not only me but everyone else here, so shut up and get your act together,"
"I didn't even say anything...?" but of course, he never gave me that chance to speak.
|| This dialogue marks the 10,000 words of this book, thank you to everyone reading so far - author|| 

"Shhhhh, talk to me when you've made yourself useful,"

"Just so you know, no one is upset with you except him," Sunoo said, still focusing on the food laid out on the table in front of him.
"Fair enough,"
"Actually though, don't look so gloomy. You haven't been eating for a few days, are you fine?," Jay said, walking into the dining, setting another aromatic dish at the table before pulling out a chair for himself, only to see Niki steal his spot the next second. He groaned in annoyance, and I think all of us were done with Niki's humour because instead of arguing, he just pulled a different chair.

Except, this time Sunghoon stole his chair. Between us, I think Jay's patience is very slim, and every time we do something stupid like this, a thin layer of it gets shaved off. Apparently, I was right because Jay pretended as if nothing had happened and made an attempt to sit on top of Sunghoon, which made him run away faster than Niki's humour ever could. Scoffing with success, he let go of a long deep breath while reclaiming his seat.

Heeseung, who had been watching from the kitchen's doorway, decided to bring up what just happened, "Jay, have you considered enrolling yourself in a cartoon as the antagonist?"
The only reaction he got was a smile dipped in sarcasm along with a, "I hate you too,"
Heeseung laughed his tiny laugh and sat down to eat.
"Look at us stuffing ourselves a day before our performance," Sunoo mumbled timidly, staring at the sad little soup dumpling in his spoon, "Shouldn't we be practising?"

"Relax, OK, it'll be fine," Ni-ki said with a small smile, attempting to get Sunoo's hand to his mouth. Sunoo was not objecting but was definitely deep in thought. Ni-ki was the biggest simp I knew, and his soft spot for Sunoo didn't stop me from grinning at him uncontrollably. He made a face of warning, but that didn't bother me.

Sometime later, as all of us (or what I thought was all of us) were wrapping up the table. I gathered a big load of dishes stacked in a dangerously tall pile. It probably wasn't the best move, considering almost all of them were fine ceramics. I made my want to the pantry, balancing the plates with every step, until I looked up to see Ni-ki and Sunoo in the pantry, hugging like it was the end of the world.

"Uh...OK-ayyyy" I turned around to go back, but Ni-ki quickly broke off from Sunoo and left the pantry with an angry face smacking the back of my head as he passed by me.
"Yah! I swear if I break something because of you..."
Sunoo walked a lot calmer and slower than Ni-ki did, giving me a light tap on the shoulder before saying, "You're such a nice person, Jungwon. I'm grateful for that," and he left. 

-------------

mass publish say whaaat 

if you'd like to show your support, commenting and voting would be lovely, thank you! <3