||For the people we owe our lives to ||

Jungwon – pov

Midway through work, my phone began ringing and scared the daylights out of me. Usually, I would put it on silent but...too much had happened for me to care. I answered Sunoo's call, "Hello?"
"Yeah, Jungwon? Sooo.... you might want to be here right now,"
"Where exactly is 'here'?"
"Manager's office,"

---

"The Dark Blood album will be promoted on the shoot in a few weeks," our manager spat out the words as if he was repeating himself a millionth time.
"Not this again..." I mumbled, "Haven't we done enough? The album did really well so what's the point of promoting it almost 6 months after its release?"
"All for money, money for you, are we manager-nim?" Heeseung threw a blatant insult and surprisingly didn't get slapped.
(A/n: if you didn't get it, it's supposed to be "all for money, money for all" but Heeseung is suggesting that the manager is greedy so...)
"Last time I checked, the money is your salary, not mine. And watch your words, Lee, clearly I don't get paid enough for this," the manager scoffed like it didn't bother him, "I also love how all of you assumed," he pointed to all seven of us, "And began antagonizing me. For your information, I never said you would be promoting the album,"

"So how much are you paying them?" Niki prompted.
"Who?"
"The performers,"
The manager rolled his eyes, "None of your business neither mine. We are also deteriorating from what we're supposed to be discussing. All of you will be doing a small dance part for the channel is what I've heard. As I've mentioned, the performer has no clue about you watching them, so your goal here is to surprise them by joining the dance of their last song as backups. The last song also happens to be your album's title track,"
"So...only one performer?"
The manager's lips pressed into a sly smile, "You're paying attention, good. Yes, there is only one performer. All the other backup dancers before you have been provided by Hybe," for once in his life, he looked as tired and as faint as he was supposed to be. I could see the faded light in his eyes that told me he was done with everything, including us. The expression disappeared as fast as it came, and he was back with the normally sharp features that adorned his face. I thought the company made us go through a lot but looks like they put him through a lot too.

Our manager is not a bad person. He's very respectable; his presence in the room will make you want to sit up a little straighter and show no emotion. From the clothes he wears to the way he speaks, to his perfect posture, it makes you feel as if you should be grateful to have someone like him in your life; almost. Our manager may not be a bad person, but he never wants us to show us that he's a good person.

In the end, like the rest of us, he's still human, and being in that position has its ups and downs. I haven't really expressed it openly as much, but Enhypen wouldn't survive without him. We owe him and so many other people.