|| Ecstatic about nothing ||

Happy birthday my dearest main character [18th March], and farewell to my good friend,
This one's for you guys

----------------------

Unknown 2 - pov

There are multiple steps to building a stage performance. First of all, since I made a very pathetic decision to dance, I had to select songs that I could both dance and sing. The list contained many songs I already knew. It's not that I don't know how to dance, it's just that performing on a stage is an art in itself and I don't have that experience because everything I do is recorded. I decided to go with it because I need to learn someday.

There were so many other things to sort out before I could even begin practising. The problem is, I still go to school and I don't think missing 2 weeks of school will be palpable. I barely get time to finish any schoolwork and everyone at school knows my attendance is plummeting. The only reason I haven't been kicked out yet is because my mother regularly makes calls so the teachers can spare me.

Arts High School is another dream I am currently living. Studying and doing a job is definitely not easy, which is why most sacrifice one for the other. My parents did want me to give up either one but...both have equal value to me. I am really proud that my parents and I parted on good terms. They didn't yell, or throw anything at me, which is what I expected. The respect they give me is the respect I don't deserve for everything I've done to them.

Thoughts about the stream filled my head again. What I really did not find amazing was that they hardly gave me a month to sort out everything – the vlogging, songs, dances, travel, school, stay, practice, and so many others I probably missed.

The first week of the month flew past me in a whizz. I could hardly tell you what I achieved that week because it felt like nothing was moving. I wanted to put a lot of effort into it because I must say it's hard to pass up such a golden opportunity in your scrap of a career. Though the week felt very static, my agent had already planned out our every move for the next three weeks and had also dragged me along with her to get costumes. The other channel had offered their assistance with the costumes, but we politely refused. In the hour that I would be performing, there were going to be 3 intermissions and the last five minutes was to address the audience. For each of the sections of the performance, we were to switch up the themes so that meant four different outfits.

I'll spare you the math and say that each theme lasts about 10 minutes considering that each intermission is 5 minutes plus the last five minutes. In 10 minutes we can approximately fit 3 songs of 3 minutes each and the extra one minute for position changes. The themes were yet to be finalized but we had a basic idea of what we were going to do. The company also wanted a list of all songs to prepare the backtracks for the custom recording. During the two weeks in Seoul, I would need to record the background vocals for around 12 songs and the numbers are just not looking good.

[ 60 mins = (10min x 4) performance + (5min x 3) intermissions + last 5 mins]

There was also a hiatus on my channel. If you don't post frequently or stop showing signs of activity, people become uninterested and your views go down, and because YouTube pays on views, you don't get paid. Maybe a few dedicated people might wait, but how often is that? And people are not jobless enough to keep re-watching my old videos, so the views are never going to work.

Sacrifice is the smallest part of this big journey, one of the risks I'm willing to take. 

----------------------

Aren't I moving too fast? I treasure this book a lot, I don't want to go so fast. 

I'm sure you guys are loving it tho 🙄   

Happy Reading!