|| Never forgave you ||

Unknown 2 – pov

The night before was when the jitters began, and I had started to feel the true chill of the night as I shivered under my comforter in the hotel room. I barely slept a wink that night, going through the choreographies and songs over and over again, not till I was satisfied- but till my brain gave in to tire of the past few days of practice, and fell under the influence of melatonin.

...

I woke up in a dark long corridor, which seemed a never-ending path of oak fixed doors, with only a single white bulb glowing above my head. It was sunrise, and I could feel the sun seep through the windows with great difficulty. Before I uttered my first word, I could tell that my voice would echo through the corridor.

I felt the effort I put to get up from the floor, and felt the weight of something heavy, invisible, dragging me down, anchoring me to the earth. But I stood, fumbling with a few steps. I heard my breath with every step forward.

One more spotlight lit up a few feet away, that showed me the figure of a shadowed person. I tried my best to walk up to them, but they got further and further effortlessly. Then I stopped and took a calm breath. And I took a step backwards, a body immediately appearing in front of me. Their breath was short, shallow, and up close they seemed tired.

But the thing that caught my eye was their face. It went and came into focus at its own will, but I knew this person; I was so sure. The body tightened its fists and slowly released them. It then lifted a hand and paused halfway, its fingers curled beautifully, but then the hand moved again, this time closer to my face, the little crook between my jaw and ear, shadowed by my surprisingly long locks of hair, something I hadn't noticed before.

I felt panic spike in my veins and I watched the hand as it inched closer to the crook under my ear, and then it touched me, the hand caressed my face for only a second, only a second before something lit up underneath my skin at its touch and suddenly, my fingers clasped it's wrist, tight. I felt the effort those fingers put in, and without my knowledge my hand sharply dragged and flung the arm, making the body collapse in front of me, the face faceless but full of fear.

I felt the tug of my lips to smile, but anger won, and I muttered, "You're pathetic, Jungwon, and you made me feel pathetic. And I will never forgive you for that,"

..

I woke to a start, my body dripped with sweat and my head heavy. I swallowed the rasp in my throat as my senses slowly began coming back to me, flooding the nerves in my fingers and to my surprise, rather than the soft cushion of my bed, they felt a series of rough bumps almost as if I was sitting on a carpet.

I was close; I found myself on the carpeted floor of the hotel room, knocking of all sorts bombarding my door. The lock clicked and I heard the door swing open, and the sounds of hurried footsteps drew closer until a pair of pale grey eyes met mine. Xiao rushed in, kneeling before me, helping me off the floor as I felt the pain of few bruises seep in. She was gentle, carefully letting me onto the bed while still allowing all the weight of my body on herself.

Pain shot in the back of head as I gently held her wrists in habit. I immediately flinched away and she lost no time in handing me a glass of water with sleep and pain medication, while the others who had also entered my room cleaned away the fallen sheets, comforter, and bits and shards of glass.

Bits of glass.

My eyes widened enough to notice, and Xiao breathed out a question as she saw the water in the cup tremble in my hand, quickly shifting it out of my reach and setting it on the bedside unit, which also had specks of glass.

"Are you OK?" she asked me, sitting down on the empty patch next to me on the bed, while I contemplated on my answer. I ended up giving her an odd mix of a nod and a neck exercise, for which she managed to hide her confusion.
"OK, then, what happened?"
"I don't know," I mumbled, "I had a...weird dream. And I woke up on the floor,"
I looked up at her, only to find her eyes shifting to my forehead, where I suddenly felt something, something liquid, tracing a line down it. I subconsciously touched it and looked down to my fingers which were stained red.
Xiao didn't panic. She nodded responsibly, "Let's get you to the ER," 

---------------------------