|| Myriad of Stray Thoughts ||

To the light in my life,

Happy Birthday
You deserve the world

---------------

Unknown 

My sleep was humble and dreamless, thanks to my fortune. I woke up realizing I not only had slept over the time I wanted but also woke up at around lunchtime. When I couldn't open my eyes immediately, I heaved a long sigh, rubbing my eyes to untangle my eyelashes, after which they automatically fluttered open. I couldn't help but regret missing out the whole morning, for which I had planned so many things.

I also tried to be especially mad at Heeseung hyung for making me sleep more, but I couldn't. Not after he had seen all my pure, raw emotions and the ugly side of being a leader. But I think he was right when he said I didn't have to be strong for them. Technically my title is only a formality, little do I get any special attention.

After all, a leader is only as good as his team.

"Fu—", I muttered as I sat up on the bed, my head still throbbing. I silently wonder if this is what a hangover feels like because I don't have experience getting drunk. I had a feeling a hangover would have been more intense, but I did hear soup made it feel better. I forced myself to stand so that I could go make soup for myself.

As expected, no one is around because they're busy with their schedules for the day. I first head to the bathroom where I wash my face and clean up after which I head back to the bedroom and make the bed out of habit. I didn't realize until after I was done, another sign that I really needed that soup.

Entering the kitchen, I get distracted, so I pull out some noodles from the pantry instead. Not ramen, I'm sick of that, just the regular kind. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate my cooking skills between one to nil, but making soup isn't really that hard. So, I got out a vessel, poured enough water for two servings and turned on the stove to let it heat. Next, I chopped up carrots, beans, purple cabbage, mushrooms and tofu and tossed them in the water to boil, also shoving a handful of noodles in a separate container. After a few minutes, I added the spices and condiments into the water, letting it sit for two more minutes (salt, pepper, soya sauce, green and red chilli sauce, vinegar, Schezwan sauce, and a bit of cornstarch). After both the soup and noodles were finished, I took out two small black bowls, with the insides painted red, a purchase I'm very proud of.

I split the boiled noodles between the two bowls, poured in some room temperature water in both, and then covered the noodles in the soup. I mixed them around with chopsticks and got another pair of chopsticks out of the drawer and set them on the table with the second bowl.

"Ni-ki stop hiding and come here, I made you some too,"

With a defeated sigh, he walked into the kitchen and sat at the breakfast counter, immediately digging into his bowl.

"Where did you learn to cook?"
I raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"This is really good," my expression changed with a small 'oh'.
"Practice," I answered, "It took me a long time to perfect this, and this is probably as far as I can go,"
"No help from Jay hyung?"
I shook my head, "None,"

I sat down, inhaling the noodles as fast as Ni-ki, which is unusual, considering my broken relationship with food. Not that I hate eating, but I would avoid it if I could. I felt the throbbing in my head come to a slow, but it hadn't completely faded.

After Ni-ki had finished, he set his bowl down and wiped his lips with his sleeve, and conveniently, I noticed that the jacket didn't belong to him. A smile played on my lips but dropped when I heard his next question.

"Hyung, are you OK?"

I picked at the remaining food in my bowl with my chopsticks, the noodles suddenly not looking as appetizing anymore. I could tell he was trying to avoid looking at me. All that met his question was silence. I gulped the knot in my throat and managed to speak, "Ni-ki, don't worry about it. Don't want to burden you with my problems," I gave him a strained smile.

"You didn't answer my question,"
"I...don't want to, is that fine with you?" his expression looked troubled, but he didn't enquire further.

"Yeah, just...don't hide. We're all here for you and...we can help you. If we could, we'd give you the world because...we love you more than you think. Please, don't give up on anything...especially your trust in us," he gave the whole speech talking to me informally, but he made up for it, for it was the most wholesome thing I'd heard. Not that I could believe anything right away. I tried saying something.

"You and Sunoo shouldn't hide either," he choked on the cold water he was drinking from the fridge. After I helped him out, he still looked as pale as a ghost, in utter shock.
"How...?"
"As leader, you get to know some things. I'm sure everyone will be supportive,"
"Some things? Ha, like how Heeseung's fucking falling for you?"
I scoffed, "Yeah, that," I was ready to leave but at the doorway, I turned my head a little and told Niki,
"I won't tell them; you and Sunoo will,"

I exited the dormitory so I could finally catch up on my schedule. 

--------------------

Hello everyone!
This chapter marks the beginning of a sort of hiatus from my side (for the next 2 months or so), but do
 expect some random chapter uploads I might do on impulse. 

I hope the interaction in this chapter was filler enough for the next months, 

Until we meet again, 
Author