|| Is it really that sad? ||

Here's where I'd like to point out that 'Unknown 1' and 'Unknown 2' are two different people. The chapters alternate between their point of view so don't get confused. The point of view is mentioned in the first line of every chapter.

Happy reading!

--- Unknown 2 pov ---

I've begun seeing my life in a new light. I started a while ago. But why does that matter? These small things begin to prove their importance once one leaves their parents and country to live under a new name and adopt a new life.

Why I chose that name is a mystery. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any significant value, but I had a deep suspicion that that would change. After I began my career, every step from scratch, everything else seemed dismissive. Nothing mattered to me more than proving every single person I knew wrong that I could survive even without their judgemental shadows hovering over my head my entire life.

As painful as my childhood was, it taught me many things which remain my principles till the present. I haven't regretted any major decisions I've made in my career which has now lasted more than 4 years with no breaks. Not to mention that the workload has increased as my community grew and given the pressure, I still love the support random strangers can give you on a particularly gruesome day.

My childhood as I understand is all the years I lived before I started my career. It wasn't always rainbows and glitter as you might've expected but some things made me feel like a rainbow was waiting outside my window any second. A few times I've gone and checked and the emptiness in the sky never made me feel the same.