TWENTY - TWO

Maids came to Yn with her dinner. Not bothering to check the food repeatedly, she had it and asked for painkillers, feeling slight shivery. They ran to Jmin and told the situation.

Calling his doctor friend he asked him to come over to his place, the doctor in response prescribed the medicine till the time he arrived, suspecting she might have caught fever due to sitting two hours in the rain.

Jimin took out the medicine from one of the drawers and walked to her room. "Is it painful?" He dashed over to her slightly extending his arm to check on her but pulled back and slipped his right hand inside his pocket.

"No, no! I have a strong immune system. Just give me painkillers if you have any..." Yn casually replied, which only heightened Jimin's concern.

He saw how she was hitting herself in the rain, he did try to approach her but her condition told him that she needed more time.

"What any? Without checking on you, how could you ask for any.." he grumbled. "Take this! Doctor will be here in two minutes.." elongating his left arm, he forwarded his hand having packaged tablets on his palm.

Yn looked at his outstretched hand before meeting his eyes, which made her chuckle at his seriousness and claim.

"Two minutes? Does the doctor also live in your place? I could wait for two minutes..." she teased, scoffing at his assertion she waited for two minutes as the Doctor entered huffing. She quickly glanced back at Jimin who gave a nod with a sigh, telling her in expressions that he's not always joking.

The doctor conducted a thorough examination, checking her temperature and blood pressure, both of which were normal except for a slight fever. "Have you eaten?" The doctor inquired, receiving a nod from Yn. "Okay, have this..." He handed her two tablets. Jimin quickly pulled him after that.

"She will be fine in what time?" Jimin asked as he chuckled, "She needs rest too, and she'll be completely fine by morning," the doctor assured, sensing the situation, and swiftly made his exit. Jimin poured a glass of water and offered it to her.

"I can do that... don't babysit me..." Yn said as she swallowed the medicines, downing the water and placing the glass back on the table. "Sleep well," Jimin wished her before leaving.

"Now you're showing concern just to use me against Jungkook.. oh!! I got it Mr. Park..." she drifted off to the dreamland.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

At 3:30 AM- Feeling someone's presence around her as someone was watching her, creeping her out, she got up but a hand gently held hers, causing her to settle back onto the bed.

"I just came here to check on you..." Jimin explained, placing his hand on her forehead to gauge her temperature. She yanked his hand away and sat up on the bed.

"Isn't it bad manners to barge into a woman's room, especially if she's sleeping?"

The room was dimly lit. She heard and felt his breathing, fanning across her hand. He was definitely seated on the floor.

"I am sure you're the kind of woman who can protect herself," he sniggered. "Lay down!" He advised while her mind refused to listen to him.

"Mr. Park.. I seriously don't like this behavior.. I don't know but I don't want to beat you.. so better if you maintain distance.." warning yet informing him, she looked away gaining his low chuckle in response that made her snap back at him.

He rose up and sat in front of her on the bed, his proximity casting an enchanting spell in the moonlight. The soft glow highlighted his forehead, where strands of hair elegantly framed his face. A delightful blend of soapy and mild lime scents wafted from his presence, causing her to swallow hard, feeling a knot forming in her dry throat.