THIRTY - SEVEN

Bound to a chair, Yn slowly opened her eyes to find a familiar face seated in front of her.

"Feeling any better?" Greta inquired, to which Yn scoffed, replying with a smirk, "How do I look to you? Perfect."

"I don't know if you have a human or steel body, but I'm genuinely relieved to see you alive," Greta said, attempting to convey her sincerity. However, Yn perceived it as mockery. Greta signaled a man to bring water for Yn. Despite Yn turning her head away in refusal.

"I know what you're thinking," Greta signalled the man again who walked towards Greta. Taking a glass of water she took a few sips.

"It's actually drinkable," Greta remarked, rising from her seat. "You really need it right now, so pull yourself together." She made Yn to drink water. As Yn regained her senses, she began to wriggle in her chair, attempting to free herself from the tight restraints.

"Easy Yn.. give yourself some time. Hear me out and just imagine.." Greta began, but Yn promptly interrupted.

"Smooth move, Greta! Can't compete with me, so you went for this. Impressive," Yn chuckled mockingly as Greta burst into laughter.

"What if I got married to Jungkook? Imagine the scenario—none of this chaos we're in right now. No rivalries, no unnecessary bloodshed. Carlos and Jeon could've been a powerhouse, unrivalled. No other shadow groups, agencies, or organisations would even dare to challenge us. Do you know how many groups are thriving just because of this rivalry? And the numerous assets, businesses, and properties we're losing on both sides?" Greta laid out her thoughts, urging Yn to consider the potential benefits of an alliance.

"Everything comes at a price. If you thought you could've put an end to this, you would've done it ages ago. And Jungkook?" Yn scoffed sarcastically. "Do you really believe he'd give a damn about businesses or people's lives if he never had his eye on marrying you?" Yn continued with a mocking laugh.

"You've got a point, but it was just a scenario of our decisions from the past that could bring the change in the future which is our present right now. He wasn't like that with me, he always cared. Now, marrying Jungkook, you're the prime or should I say only candidate for the throne. But can you make it without my dad's approval?" Greta questioned.

"Aww, Dad's princess! Why worry if you believe your dad can do anything? Just relax, go home, and don't bother me. But here's the twist. I'm tied up, kidnapped, threatened to death. Does that make any sense? Is it all your dad's scheme? But my gut says your dad can't pull this off. Your family's already been accused of offing the former Queen, and doing it with the eligible candidate might shake your dad's power and influence. He seems smart, unlike you. Are you really his daughter?" Yn laughed as Greta, infuriated, shouted at her.

"Don't give me that attitude, Yn. I'm not here to punish you or get back at you. It's a warning. You've willingly dived into this dark, bloody mess, enjoying it. Just watch your back before the secret meeting. Hope you become Queen, but looking at your attitude, I doubt you'll bring any peace among the clans. Can you handle that? Well, gear up, 'cause I might be the one crowning you," Greta cautioned.

Greta's words hit Yn differently, surprisingly lifting her spirits unintentionally. Yn shifted her focus to Jungkook's teachings. He always nudged her to think logically, emphasizing that this world is nothing like the one she knew before.

'Everything comes at a price, nothing is free.' Jungkook's words echoed in her mind. Yn realized she just needed one opportunity to break free, and she was determined to seize it, no matter the cost.

Greta and Yn shared mischievous smiles, a silent understanding passing between them.

Marco entered, leaning in to whisper something in Greta's ear. She nodded, offering Yn a piece of advice, "Hold onto your temper. If Jungkook chose you, you're definitely special, better than many. Unfortunately, I can't do anything to save you. I don't rule this place." Greta wore a pathetic smile as she left the scene.