Chapter 3

Jiang Jingyuan's words and the chattering villagers around him also made Chen Xiuxiu's mind wander to the past. She still remembered that she had had a relationship with Jiang Jingyuan's father, Jiang Yuanmao, when she was in her boudoir.

At that time, Jiang Yuanmao was still a young boy. He came to his home to borrow books and bumped into her by chance. He thought it was just an incident. Who knew that Jiang Yuanmao worked harder in his studies from then on. After he was admitted as a scholar, the first thing he did was to come to his home to propose marriage. .

After they got married, he told her that he had already been deeply in love at that time. To this day, she still remembers the burning eyes after lifting her head.

The two of them also lived happily after their marriage, but it's a pity that God is ruthless...

Her eyes were moist, and her eyes moved to Jiang Jingyuan, who was talking eloquently. God finally had an eye and didn't let Jingyuan follow in his father's footsteps, and he could still stand in front of her properly.

"This..." Jiang Yuancai also heard the discussion of the villagers behind him, and even the people who came with him to make trouble retreated. A dead or half-dead scholar is indeed nothing to them. After all, Datong is next to Jiangnan, but The living scholar was really offended by the common people. For a moment, Jiang Yuancai wanted to retreat.

Unexpectedly, Jiang Jingyuan, who had always stayed at home and only read books about sages, could have such a good eloquence. However, he had to admit that Jiang Jingyuan was right, so he could only grit his teeth again, "Yes, your father is indeed a layman." born."

"Then the fourth uncle must also know about the welfare of scholars." Jiang Jingyuan's eyes were glaring directly at Jiang Yuancai, making Jiang Yuancai feel uncomfortable all over.

"Yes, an ordinary scholar is exempted from taxes for sixty acres, and his family does not need to do corvee except for the two of him. Because Brother Yuanmao is a junior, he was given an extra twenty acres of land without taxes, and one more person in the family is exempted from corvee."

Although Jiang Yuancai felt uncomfortable, he was not afraid of Jiang Jingyuan when he spoke. Even if Jiang Jingyuan was a scholar, he was also Jiang Jingyuan's elder. The Ming Dynasty always valued filial piety, and even the emperor could not get in the presence of the elders of the clan.

"Not bad." Jiang Jingyuan nodded with satisfaction after hearing what Jiang Yuancai said carefully. Jiang Yuancai was stepping into the trap he had set step by step.

"It is precisely because my father is the first junior college student in the history of Wutong County that he has really brought glory to the county and the villagers. My father is a grateful man and has given 60 acres of tax-free land in his name to , and two tax quotas from the family were given to the clan for free. The elders in the clan were also grateful for my father's kindness, so they allocated twenty acres of good paddy fields to our family. My fourth uncle was right."

After Jiang Jingyuan said this, his body felt a little weak. If he hadn't been supported by his anger, he might not have been able to hold on long ago.

Jiang Yuancai had an ugly expression on his face. He naturally knew these old things clearly, but many people in the village were still kept in the dark. He originally wanted to take advantage of the confusion among the clansmen and get together with Jiang. When the family is at its weakest, we want the twenty acres of paddy field back.

With his current status in the clan, it is not a problem to get another five acres of paddy fields.

But after being exposed by Jiang Jingyuan like this, his face turned blue and white in turns as he listened to the whispers of the tribesmen around him.