Chapter 43

"Ayuan, have a happy new year."

The next morning, Xu Shuizhou got up early just to congratulate Jiang Jingyuan. From today on, A Yuan will be one year older, which is great.

Jiang Jingyuan opened his eyes and suddenly wanted to tease him, and sighed, "Yeah, I'm another year older."

Xu Shuizhou shook his head quickly, "You are only one year older, how can you say you are old? You are still a teenager at nineteen. If the elders in the village hear you, they will definitely beat you up."

Jiang Jingyuan touched his head and said with gentle eyes, "Fool, I'm just joking, do you still take it seriously?"

Xu Shuizhou's cheeks were bulging with anger, like a cat with exploded hair. He stared at Jiang Jingyuan with both eyes, wanting to give him a pair of paws.

But I couldn't bear it in my heart, thinking of ways to toss Jiang Jingyuan.

His eyes moved around in a circle, and he moved his gaze to Jiang Jingyuan's delicate and white feet. He smiled, jumped over and scratched the soles of his feet.

Jiang Jingyuan: "..."

Jiang Jingyuan's face was expressionless, and he let Xu Shuizhou scratch the soles of his feet without feeling anything at all.

"Weird, why don't you laugh?" Xu Shuizhou scratched for a while and stopped when he saw that Jiang Jingyuan didn't laugh and felt a little bored.

Jiang Jingyuan just smiled and didn't say much. When Xu Shuizhou got dressed and went out to fetch water, the smile on his face faded, and he hugged his feet and let out a low laugh.

My wife is getting harder and harder to deceive, what should I do?

After breakfast, Xu Shuizhou found a sickle and said to Jiang Jingyuan, "Ayuan, just read and practice calligraphy at home while I go to the fields to cut the rice."

Jiang Jingyuan put down the book in his hand and frowned slightly, "Is the rice in the field ripe?"

"Well, I went to see the fields two days ago. It's already ripe. I'm just busy with your birthday and don't have time." Xu Shuizhou found the sickle and other tools, and prepared to go out.

Jiang Jingyuan looked at the scorching sun outside the window, feeling a little reluctant to let Xu Shuizhou go to work under the scorching sun, "Can't we just hire someone to do it?"

"Every household in the village has been busy harvesting rice these two days. Where is there anyone? I'll do it first. I'll invite you later when I see who has finished harvesting." Xu Shuizhou pushed a large wooden barrel and carried a sickle around his waist, and went out. .

Jiang Jingyuan packed up his books, quickly changed into a pair of coarse clothes and trousers, and even his shoes into straw sandals. He found a sickle and followed him to the field.

"A Yuan, why are you here?" Xu Shuizhou was cutting rice on the edge of the field with his waist bent. He cut a large area in just a while, and when he looked up, he saw a familiar figure.

Xu Shuizhou's exclamation also attracted the attention of the people around him. Everyone looked at Jiang Jingyuan with puzzled eyes.

"I'm here to help you work, twenty acres of land, you have to cut it as long as you want." Jiang Jingyuan said as he tied up his trousers, exposing his snow-white calves.

Xu Shuizhou repeatedly stopped him, "Ah Yuan, go back quickly. The fields are not that fun. Not to mention you are tired and there are leeches."

Jiang Jingyuan ignored it and continued to tie his trousers.