Chapter 6

"Mom, the matter has been resolved, so don't blame yourself." How can this matter be said to be Chen Xiuxiu's fault? Someone wants to harm you, but you are really careless about it.

"Hey." Chen Xiuxiu sighed softly and decided to be more careful in the future. If something like this happened again, it would be a shame to die.

Jiang Jingyuan got on the bullock cart again and took out a small silver ingot from the small baggage given to him by Magistrate Zhang. According to the ancients, it was just one or two silver ingots. He handed it to Chen Xiuxiu, "Mom, I have been busy all day and I have no money." Let's eat and buy some food."

Chen Xiuxiu accepted the money and went to a small shop not far away to buy some steamed buns. "You have just recovered from a serious illness and you can't eat greasy food. Eat some steamed buns first to fill your stomach. When you get home, my mother will make porridge for you."

Jiang Jingyuan was not polite. He hadn't eaten anything since yesterday and he was already hungry. It would be nice to have something to fill his stomach.

No longer hungry and not in a hurry, Jiang Jingyuan sat on the bullock cart and looked at the busy traffic in the county in a good mood. The sun was setting in the west. It should be around Shenshi at the moment. Dusk was just right. Wutong County was surrounded by mountains and rivers. The beautiful mountains and clear waters set off the fireworks and houses in the town, showing a bit of the elegance of a Jiangnan water town.

Before closing time, some tempting aromas wafted from some food shops in the county, and all kinds of people walked by the bullock carts, making Jiang Jingyuan feel like he was in another world.

...

On the second day of March, as soon as Jiang Jingyuan got up from bed, he heard the sound of horse hooves outside the house. Chen Xiuxiu opened the somewhat shabby door and a government servant came in. It was the same person who stuffed money into Xu Shuizhou yesterday.

"I wonder what the yamen officer's visit so early in the morning is about." Jiang Jingyuan respectfully welcomed the person in, and Chen Xiuxiu brought him a bowl of water to quench his thirst.

The officer took the drink and drank it in one gulp, put down the bowl, and said with a hearty laugh, "Young Master Jiang, don't be cautious, I'm here to tell you the good news. Li Sanquan committed suicide in prison yesterday by taking poison. The county magistrate specially ordered me to come and tell Jiang the good news." My little husband, please say something."

After hearing this, Jiang Jingyuan didn't feel happy. Instead, he had a sense of doubt. However, because the yamen servant was here, he couldn't reveal it. He frowned slightly, then smiled and said, "I have a fate with the yamen eldest brother yesterday and today. I don't know the name of the yamen eldest brother yet." , it's really a bit abrupt."

The Yamen Dao had a cheerful temperament. He waved his hand and said curtly, "What is it about being abrupt? My surname is Qin and my name is Chujiu. I took this name because my mother gave birth to me on the ninth day of the Lunar New Year. If Mr. Jiang is interested in it, , just call me Ninth Brother."

"Brother Ninth has a good temper, so I won't be polite." Jiang Jingyuan smiled, picked up the water bowl, took a sip, and chuckled lightly, "I think Brother Ninth came here today not only to tell me that Li Sanquan committed suicide out of fear of crime. It's about that, there must be other things."

Qin Chujiu let out a light sigh, then smiled and said, "Sure enough, nothing can be hidden from Mr. Jiang. The county magistrate does have other matters to explain."

"The county magistrate said that he felt friendly to you when he saw Mr. Jiang yesterday, and he was impressed by the way you brought medicine to several doctors for examination yesterday. He asked me to ask Mr. Jiang if he would like to stay in Wutong. Find a position in the county government office." After Qin Chujiu finished speaking, he seemed to have thought of something, and added, "I will definitely not delay Mr. Jiang Xiaoxian's examination for merit."