.008 | its time to let go

scott street - pheobe bridgers ❛anyway, don't be a stranger❜

anyway, don't be a stranger

scott street - pheobe bridgers ❛anyway, don't be a stranger❜

( PRESENT. )

GAME day, janes favorite day. she's running around the rink, on her computer, back to taking photos. it's a back and forth game for awhile. her hand knocked on the glass, getting a few players to look at her. she waved, peaking through the camera lens at them. they smiled and she captured a few pictures and they rolled their eyes. "five bucks and gum connor really?" she called and he skated over.

"can't blame a guy for trying eh?" he tapped the glass, turning around quickly.

"hey um so, my sister emma is coming to the game tonight." she got his attention again, causing him to turn back around. "that's cool." he said and she smiled. "let's just say she's uh... fan." she decided that was the best word for it. she didn't want to out her sister to him, he just nodded. "after the game... just introduce yourself yeah?" he furrowed his brows.

"ill bring you the last mixed berry bio steel." he smiled instantly. "deal!" he skated off quickly and jane smiled brightly at him.

it was like time was flying by and jane grew more anxious the closer jack got to arriving. when the devils played the hawks last year, jane was actually sick. the year before that she had taken her PTO. she always found a way out of watching the games and attending them when she started working. this was the first year since she was seventeen she would get to watch jack play.

she had mixed feelings of excitement, anxiousness. she would occasionally sit down on the couch, her dad throwing on a hockey game which was always the devils. he was a big fan, a big supporter of all the boys. jane loved that about him, she tried to watch, to enjoy it but it was never the same.

it hurt too much.

now as the lights dimmed and the players skated out, jane held her camera in her shaky hands. knowing the hughes family was here, that luke was also playing made her want to cry. cry for joy. it made her hate herself, because she ruined this for herself. she could be here supporting them and screaming when they scored.