.030 | anything for you

i would do anything for you - foster the people❛i'll smile when you speak remember all those times i was hoping for somethingand shaking my head from all i have donebut you never left me

i'll smile when you speak
remember all those times i was hoping for something
and shaking my head from all i have done
but you never left me.

( PRESENT

( PRESENT. )

WHEN jane woke up the next morning, her head was pounding. it was early and she was squished into jacks chest. his legs were tangled in hers, his cheek pressed on her forehead. one arm was pressed to his chest, the other arm was slung on his hip. it was comfortable until the headache got the best of her and she had to gently move herself off. she rubbed her eyes, heading for the bathroom. she looked through the cabinets till she found what she was looking for, grabbing two pills for her headache and sneaking out of the room.

the apartment was silent and jane knew no one would be up for another hour at least. she licked her lips, deep in thought. she got herself some water and started on breakfast. her brain couldn't help but feed into her nostalgia. she used to do this during the summers, wake up and cook the hughes breakfast after a big sleep over.

they were kids and ellen would come and help her every so often. that's how jane got good at cooking and it carried her through her adult years.

she smiled to herself, mixing the pancake batter. the figure in the corner of her eyes made her jump. "christ jack." he snorted, stepping away from the wall he was just leaning on. he had thrown on sweatpants and a hoodie, immediately noticing jane's disappearance. he smelled the breakfast and got up quickly.

"pancakes?" he asked, joining her side and she nodded. "yeah woke up with a headache anyways." she shrugged, going back to mixing. jack slid his arm around her waist, pulling her in and causing her to stop. he smirked, dipping his finger in the batter.

it tasted amazing and he wanted more.

"jack don't double dip." she groaned, her arm snaking around his back. he ignored her, grabbing as much as he could on his fingers. he held it up, jane shaking her head about to get out of his hold so she could finish.