.027 | i need this, i need you

my love mine all mine - mitski ❛cause my love is mine, all mine i love mine, mine, mine nothing in the world belongs to me but my love mine, all mine

cause my love is mine, all mine
i love mine, mine, mine
nothing in the world belongs to me
but my love mine, all mine.

( PRESENT

( PRESENT. )

DESPITE the cold weather jane really wanted to sit on the rooftop. she didn't have one at her apartment so the two bundled up and jack nonchalantly gave jane once of his sweatshirts to wear. she took it with no complaints, throwing it on with her jacket and scarf. she was glad she brought a beanie too. jack grabbed two blankets and they took the elevator to the rooftop.

it was perfect, the city lit up causing jane to smile. she's always been a city person. no one else was out here and that was perfect for jack. there was some tension, only because the two knew they needed to talk things out. in the past they were never good at that. it was something that they were going to both have to work on together.

they found chairs by the railing and slightly out of the wind. jane wrapped herself in the blanket and leaned back, bringing her knees to her chest. she enjoyed the view and jack did the same, looking at her.

"i don't really come up here." he admitted, leaning his head back. "why? it's so beautiful. i wish i had a view like this." for some reason jane felt like she had to whisper despite them being up here alone.

"it reminded me of you too much so i just.. tried to avoid it." jack was being honest. jane turned to him, "did you avoid everything that reminded you of me?"

"everything reminded me of you so in theory.. no." janes heart was racing. she took a deep breath, "feelings mutual." she nodded at him and he searched her face. he always thought he was really good at reading her, even now. "it would be so easy." she shook her head, now going back to the view. "to just forget everything and kiss you. to just act like what happened years ago didn't tear me apart." jane mumbled, messing with the blanket.