.029 | girlfriend?

clocks - coldplay ❛you are you are home, home where i wanted to go

clocks - coldplay
you are
you are
home, home where i wanted to go.

( PRESENT

( PRESENT. )

LUKE had put jane in a suite which was insane to both her and jack. luke didn't care, it was his money and he was happy to do it. jack didn't make him pay rent so he had extra to spare and it made him happy to spend it on jane. he assured her as soon as he got the text, a very angry jane telling him to never do this again. he laughed at his phone, setting it down as he threw on his jersey.

"who's making you laugh lukey?" jack eyed him, grabbing a few players attention. a few 'oooo' rang out and luke smirked. "your girlfriend." jack shut his mouth, pointing daggers at luke. he held his hands up, reaching down to tie his laces. "girlfriend?" nico asked and jack could feel his cheeks grow red. luke gasped, "yeah girlfriend! and she's here tonight watching. you didn't tell them?" luke was now the one throwing daggers at jack like looks could kill.

"wait are we talking about the famous jane?" tyler jumped in and now jack was embarrassed. "yeah she um came and surprised me." jack was shy, stepping back to his stall. "is she coming out with us?" someone else asked and luke nodded. "hell yeah she is, came all the way from chicago to see him." everyone's eyes widened. "holy shit why didn't you tell us?"

"because he's trying to gatekeep her, afraid you'll like her more than him." luke snickered and jack was so close to bickering with him. then they all grew excited, now talking about jane and teasing him about her. that started a whole thing of players texting their girlfriends telling them as well. now everyone was buzzing in the locker room.

while the topic in the locker room was jane she was out getting a drink, feeling weird in the big suite alone. she wondered around before heading back to her suite, texting jack a 'good luck' before he came out for warmups. she smiled at all the signs and jack jerseys, grinning more at the luke ones. she watched them skate out, the crowd cheering as they circled the rink.