.026 | find your jane

home - good neighbours ❛you're the song on the radio i never play you're the words in my soul that i wanna say that i wanna say, won't you let me stay?won't you take me home?❜

you're the song on the radio i never play
you're the words in my soul that i wanna say
that i wanna say, won't you let me stay?
won't you take me home?

home - good neighbours ❛you're the song on the radio i never play you're the words in my soul that i wanna say that i wanna say, won't you let me stay?won't you take me home?❜

( PRESENT. )

LUKE had picked up jane from the airport. she was clearly tired, unable to sleep on the flight. she was too nervous, trying to plan what she was going to say to jack. she knew she wasn't going to know till she saw him. jane hugged luke and he took her luggage, jane gasping at his car. "when did you get this?" she asked towards his all black bmw. she was still driving her car from high school around chicago. it still ran fine but seeing this car made her want one of her own.

"this season, pretty sick right?" he was proud, setting her suitcase in the back. she nodded, "very sick." she opened the passenger door.

she rested her head on the window, taking in new jersey. her eyes fluttered shut but she snapped them back open. jane was confused as they approached prudential center. "umm.." she mumbled and luke smiled. "i told jack i'd pick him up, he had a meeting." jane thought it was ironic how jack had surprised her outside of the united center and now she was doing the same.

jack was getting cleared to play tomorrow and jack hadn't told him if he had or not.

jane was nervous, luke parking right in front of prudential. jane saw him open the door, her breath catching in her throat. "deep breaths... you got this! you should probably open the door though." luke nudged her encouragingly. jane did what luke said, taking a few deep breaths before stepping out into the cold.

jack wasn't paying attention until he heard the car door open and close. he furrowed his brows but when he saw jane he slowed down. his mouth dropped, luke smiling in the drivers seat. jack had his hands stuffed in his pockets and when a small smile appeared on jane's face he picked up his pace.