Chapter 12 | Robbery

-*-*-

I push my leg against the wall, leaning my head back. Tracy went home. Evie stands beside me, talking about sex, blowjobs, hand jobs excreta. To be fair, I'm not really into sex. I just gotta pretend. I don't wanna be an embarrassing dork (again), I've really built up a reputation for myself and I'm popular with it so, I may as well stick to what I know.

"You see that man?" Evie asks, snapping me out of my trance.

I nod, staring at the old but not very frail man across the street. Evie smirks as she points to his back pocket. His wallet sticks out, filled with cash. I shake my head.

"C'mon E..," I say.

She chuckles.

"I'm not gonna hurt him!" she says before she crosses the street. 

She begins walking quickly behind him and then falls flat, knocking him over. While she falls she grabs the wallet and slides it up her jacket sleeve. I see her change her face to panic while she acts nice and apologizes continuously. She helps him stand up and he thanks her continuously before waving and going off. Evie crosses over and quickly dashes back to me. She pulls the wallet out of her sleeve and flaunts it around. I shake my head and she opens it. She flicks through the notes, counting them. She grabs the ID and flicks it into a drain. She takes all the cash out and throws the wallet to the side.

"I can't believe the boys still aren't here," she says.

"I can't believe you just did that," I sigh.

"Oh c'mon, having it out like that is stupid. He should be glad a bunch of men didn't attack him in an alley," she says, shoving the money into my mini bag.

"Why are you putting it in my purse?!" I ask.

"Relax, you look innocent, no one would expect you to steal," she says, "Or even be able to get away with stealing."

I shake my head, "God, E, you're gonna get me killed."

"Shut up and pass me a cig," she grins.

-*-*-