Chapter 9 | Tongue piercing

-*-*-

"MOM!" Tracy yells, annoyed. 

"What? I'm making your fav!" Mel responds from the kitchen. 

"Mom I have to go to the bathroom now!" Tracy shouts. 

Her mom's boyfriend is in there - that's what Evie told me when she came to wake me up.

"Can't you wait a minute?" Mel asks. 

"That's how you get a bladder infection, you child abuser!" Tracy says. 

"That's dramatic," Mel says. 

"Come on let's just go pee outside," Evie says pulling Tracy's arm.

"Is that French toast?" I ask looking at what Mel was cooking. 

"Yeah, it's Tracy's favorite," She responds. 

"It's one of my favorites too," I say. 

I don't really eat much anymore but it used to be. Tracy is really lucky. She has what I never got. Tracy's mother cares about her, takes care of her, and cooks her food, I can tell they had a good relationship before me and Evie came into her life and it breaks me to know I'm ruining a family. I like Tracy, she's nice but I don't wanna fuck up a family. Tracy was and is so lucky. I hope she realizes and stops trying to be cool in front of me and Evie.

Mel smiles at me and I turn towards the door, joining Evie and Tracy outside.

I walk out to Tracy petting her dog and Evie walking over. She stops. In front of Mason's window. 

"Hey Mason. Move your g string down south!" She says dancing in front of his window. 

I just look at her. 

"That's so gross, that's my brother," Tracy says. 

Evie then turns around to face Mason and pulls up her shirt, flashing him. 

I feel sick. Evie makes me feel ill sometimes. I get she's overly sexual because of what happened when she was younger but I just don't get how you can cross boundaries like that - it's so uncomfortable to be the other people in the situations whether you're the guy, related to the guy or just a bystander.

-*-*-

"How 'bout ten dollars?" I ask the guy who does the piercings while Tracy is on the phone with her mom. 

"Does her mom know?" He asks. 

"She's eighteen, come on I know you're a nice guy," Evie says. 

Tracy puts the phone down and turns around. 

"Get on the chair," The guy says. Evie walks over and gives Tracy some outwash. 

"Is this gonna hurt?" Tracy asks after spitting out the mouthwash into a cup. 

"You should get one too, N/n" Evie says as the guy pierces Tracy's tongue. 

-*-*-

"Just don't open your mouth very wide when you talk, she won't notice," Evie says to Tracy as we sit outside waiting for Mel.

"I have to ask you something Evie," Tracy says. 

"What?" Evie responds. 

"Ok, um you never did anything with that piercer guy, right?" she asks, uneasy.

"Yeah, he ate my pussy." 

"Oh my god are you serious?" Tracy says covering her face.

"What the fuck?" I say.

"I'm kidding idiots," She says to us with a laugh. 

Something about her tone of voice tells me she's lying but I don't say anything.

"Hey ladies," Mel says pulling up to us.

She gets out of the car.

"Get a lot of studying done?" She asks walking over. 

"We were researching Mom," Tracy says as we all stand up, "I'm in charge of the gray water module for the biosphere two projects." 

"Cool. What modules are you two in charge of?" Mel asks me and Evie. 

"We're not in that class. We're taking advanced physics. Mel," Evie lies, probably trying to make it seem like we were helping Tracy.

-*-*-

"Mom," Tracy says, as the three of us walk into the kitchen. 

"Can you guys say hot?" Evie says. As they model the shirts they just cut up. 

"That was Mason's favorite shirt," Mel says. 

Which is why I didn't cut one for myself, I'd feel bad.

 I stand next to Tracy and Evie, awkwardly as they do a little dance. 

"Hey I'm gonna head out, my phone isn't working and I don't wanna worry my brother," I say.

"Use mine!" Evie says.

"No, it's all good."

"Can we tag along?" Tracy asks.

"Evie's been staying at mine, I'll have to ask my dad if you can," I say to Tracy.

Truth is when it's just me and Evie, it's chill but when Tracy is with us we HAVE to do something. And, Evie always agrees with Tracy. It's like she enjoys destroying Trace.

Evie has already started putting her shoes on.

"Okay, let's go."

"What about Trace?" I ask.

"Oh, don't worry about her, N/n," Mel says.

"Evie, you can stay for a bit longer if you really want. I feel bad leaving Trace."

"Mel said it's fine, right, Mel?" Evie asks.

"I just think it's unfair on Tracy," I say.

The truth is I need a break from them both or just one.

"You guys go on!" Tracy says.

"I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind plus he's probably not home!" I say.

"Are you sure?" Mel asks.

"Yeah! Thanks for having me, Mel," I say.

"You're welcome anytime, "she replies.

-*-*-