Chapter 28 | Alone.

-*-*-

I walk around. It's weird. I hadn't talked to Evie in a few days. She probably still feels sad about what happened. I don't blame her, it's a shitty situation but it isn't my fault, she shouldn't blame me. I walk, alone. Tracy and Astrid haven't talked to me either. It's not my fault what Evie did. As I walk, people say hi to me but I just smile in reply because they're not my real friends. I have no one. Not Evie. Not anymore.

As I walk out of the gate, I see Astrid and Tracy talking.

"Hey, girlies. Astrid, Trace!" I say, walking up to them.

"Hey, baby!" Evie shouts from a car, that just pulled up and Astrid and Tracy go over, ignoring me.

If they've made up, why are Astrid and Tracy still mad at me?

"Ladies! Let's go, ladies! Whoo!" Evie says, excited.

"Whoo! Whoo!" Tracy says, getting in the car.

The car drives off, leaving me, standing as I watch them all laughing and having fun. I start walking home. It's quite a long walk from school. As I walk, I call Evie's number and it goes to voicemail. I dial it again and she answers, this time.

"Evie. Evie, that was hilarious. Now come pick me up!" I say.

"Um, who is this?" she asks. 

"It's N/n...Ev- Can you hear me?" I ask, I pull the phone away.

The call disconnected or...she hung up.

-*-*-

"Jay, would you hurry it up?" I ask, pounding on the bathroom door.

"Just a minute!" he replies.

"God, are you jacking off in there?" I ask. 

"Fuck off!"

Jay comes out of the bathroom, "I can't fucking wait till you move to Gran's," Jay says, walking out.

"What the fuck did you say?" I ask. 

"Nothing. It's just something I heard Dad and Gran talking about, on the phone, okay? Forget it," he says.

I stand in the hall. I feel tears dwelling in my eyes.

What the fuck?

I go into the bathroom. 

Tw sh:

I take my blade out and press it against my arm for a few seconds before I glide it across my skin. My eyes completely fill with tears, blurring my vision. I can't see the cut I just made on my arm or the blood dripping down it, I can only feel the slight burn of the air against it and the feel of the blood running down my arm and onto the floor. I keep going and going until my arm feels completely numb.

There's a knock, breaking my concentration on it.

"Hang on a minute!" I say, scrambling to grab a cloth to press against my wounds.

"Hey, N/n!" Sadie says.

"Hang on!" I muster.

-*-*-