Chapter 11 | Dad's new girlfriend

-*-*-

"Y/N!" My dad shouts from down the stairs.

"Go, Y/n, go!" Evie says, pulling me up off the floor and shoving me over to where my makeup is.

I stand there aimlessly as she applies concealer on me.

Y/N!" I hear my dad shout again.

"OH MY GOD, SHUT UP! ONE MINUTE!" I shout back.

I roll my eyes, "This fucking man," I mutter.

"I HAVE SOMEONE FOR YOU TO MEET!" he shouts.

"ONE FUCKING MINUTE!" I shout back.

"HURRY UP!"

Evie conceals my bruises. She then touches a cut on my lip causing me to jump.

"Ow, what the fuck, E?" I ask.

"I'm just wiping the blood away," she replies.

She puts some tinted lipgloss over it in an attempt to cover up my bust lip before she and Tracy conceal their own bruises and marks.

"Come on!" I say, stumbling around my room.

"N/n, be careful, don't be obvious," Evie says.

I straighten my posture and try to walk as normally as possible. We go downstairs and on the couch sits a woman.

"Um, who is this?" I ask.

"I've actually been wanting you to meet her for a while now. I fell in love with her the first week we moved here," my dad says.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm Sadie," the woman says, smiling.

"What the fuck?" I ask, "You expect this woman to replace my mother?"

Yeah, I don't like my mum for walking out on me but no one can replace her.

"It's been years, Y/n, I was bound to move at some point."

"Why now? And, if all fails with this Stacey-"

"Sadie," he corrects.

"If all fails with Sadie will we have to move again? You promised we'd settle this time."

"This is us settling, Y/n. You've made new friends, you're happy, your brother has a girlfriend, friends, Eliza is going to a really good school, she's got so many friends and I've got a girlfriend."

"Why all of a sudden, dad. Couldn't you introduce her when, well, I dunno, when you're sure it'll work out."

"I am sure."

"She's probably using you," I say, "I mean look at her."

"Y/n, be nice."

"No, it's alright, I understand," Sadie says.

"Shut up," I say to Sadie before facing my dad.

"Don't talk to her like that."

"You don't get it, it's hard, dad!"

"It's hard on us all."

"Shut up."

"Stop talking to me like that Y/n. I don't like your new attitude."

"And, you don't seem to care about my emotions and opinions so, why should I care for yours?" I ask.

"Are you trying to impress your friends by talking back?" my dad asks.

"No, I'm having a conversation with you, that's how one works: you talk, I talk back."

"Just go, Y/n."

"No, I'm downstairs, now, I might as well stay," I say, going into the kitchen.

-*-*-