Chapter 8 | Acid

-*-*-

"You guys wanna get high?" Evie asks as we approach some of the guys, "Four bucks a hit," she adds.

Evie hands them a blunt as they hand her the money.

"Pay me back later," Evie says handing Tracy the blunt. She seems hesitant at first but takes it.

Evie hands me one without requesting payment.

I don't really remember a lot of what we did. I remember putting on construction jackets and doing acid, hallucinating and shit. It was pretty much all a blur.

We lay on the grass as the sprinklers spray us.

"Tracy," I hear someone yell. It's Mason, "Come on. Mom wants you home now. Tracy get over here."

I walk over to Tracy and grab her arm pulling her away from the sprinklers and over to her brother. Thankfully, Evie followed behind me so I didn't have to go get her as well.

"Here," I say as I roll my eyes and hand Tracy over.

"Mom is gonna be so pissed at you," he says to Tracy as we walk out of the park.

"She didn't say she wasn't allowed to the park, sorry Mason," I say.

-*-*-

"Found her mom," Mason says as we all walk into her house.

Tracy walks over to the game her mom and some guy are playing.

"Yeah, uh, TraceI got that game you wanted," The guy says.

Tracy picks up the cards and roars.

"I'm a lion," She yells throwing the cards up.

She's gone. She's never had fucking weed before and me and Evie gave her the strongest we had. Mel definitely knows we're stoned now.

"Tracy, you were hounding me for two weeks for this," Mel says.

"No I haven't," Tracy says as Evie and I start to follow her towards the bedroom, "How long is this gonna last?" Tracy asks closing her bedroom door.

"The time ranges," I reply, laughing.

Me and Evie sit on Tracy's bed.

"This itsy bitsy spider dropped acid at the park!" Evie sings running her fingers down her stomach.

"I think my nose is melting off," Tracy says while trying to change her clothes.

Me and Evie look at each other and laugh.

"Free nose job!" I say before I start to laugh again, "I can't feel my toes."

"Same," Evie says.

"Do you want me to ground you?" Mel says, walking into Tracy's room, "You're not even allowed out after dark," she adds.

"Mom. Can't I have any privacy?" Tracy asks in response.

"What I'm not allowed to see your body anymore?" Mel asks.

"No, you're not," She says.

"Okay, well, after he leaves we will talk," Mel says turning towards the door.

"If he leaves," Tracy says walking over and closing the door.

Tracy looks through the window and watches her mom walk back to the living room.

"I have to pee," She says walking away from the window and to the door.

"I'm tired," Evie says.

"Me too," I say looking over at Evie.

She's already fast asleep.

I go to sleep too.

-*-*-