Chapter 8 :- Scissor rush

"There are people who leave and people who know how to be left."
~Elena Ferrante

No More Drama by Charlie Puth & Higher by Shawn Mendes.

                         *✧*✧*✧*✧*✧
Scissor rush

                                 𝓒𝓸𝓻𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓪
                                      𖤐

Before getting a barrier set up, I quickly joined in a call with George to have my car ready. We stepped out like a snake slithering into his hole. Sebastian and this new one, Alton were glued on my either side.

"Geez."

"Cord?!" Said Sebastian firmly. Poor him, He's not supposed to call me that in front of this Aston Martin.

"Seb, I've invested in a brand new PROTECTION, Will you please just sweep off now?!" I snapped. While Alton opened the door of the limo like such a gentleman.

"Never open again, Collins." I told him civillianly. He didn't shake nor nod but instead waited for me to sit comfortably in it.

"Corvina!" Said my mother. "I need you to attend the function next month."

"I'm afraid I won't have—

"It'll be important to me. I need you there; to support me." The compromising change in my mother's eyes tied in my brain.

"I'll think 'bout it."

The blue clouds passed along with us as we reached the airport, It was a hell of a ride as I needed to book a cab from here. The adamant of these people; Frankly I was waiting for them to go away.

"Alrigh' Then!" I hugged my mother as she was departing safely. "Goodbye. Mum."

"Take care of yourself Corvina. And please don't be hard on him." She as usual kissed my forehead; her four of the bodyguards went together with her but Sebastian Dayholt stood there for a minute before leaving.

"Seb."

"Cord."

I am not an emotional— crumbled up person. Not anymore. The more I react, The more I feel. "Come here already!" I chiefly hugged him in my adversity.

"I'll Miss you." He said softly into my ears.

"No, You won't." I whispered to him because of the last time. He never did so. "And if you do, Snap a call on me." The deliberations were never grim. He lifted the bag into his hand and grudged the suitcase at the entry gateway.

I nurtured a rush near the taxi premises. There was a visible reluctance on Alton's tender face. His lips hurled as if he was almost asking me about something but my stare on him shut him up.

"I don't bite, Martini. Feel free to ask."

His corner of lips lifted up, "W—where are we going?"

I didn't quite understand him; however to cope around him, I choose not to speak until it's time. Seven minutes ride was a very long one though. We reached the police station.

"MSP?!" He mumbled into his breath. I heard it in stiff.

"Now, I don't know if you keep the report of my every step or not therefore, Do not tell anybody that I staightly went to MSP. Understand?"

"I cannot take this risk ma'am. It's—

"Do I look Like I care, Alton?" I was subtly annoyed. Much annoyed to let him skip away. "Listen, I have a surplus fucking thing hanging in there. I need to clear it out so fuck off. Do not give me the damn instructions."